Match Thread: Brentford v Villa

limpid

6 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

this co-commentator might be the worst one I've heard in a long while. they need to get the crosses in early... ex-pros on var... utterly dreadful

That guy is a dinosaur. 

I don't think we are playing badly - I just think Brentford have done their homework.

It's not quite sticking but that's largely because we aren't finding the kind of space we did against Newcastle at home.

Still promising.

• Like 2

With Buendia, he's so industrious that he gets on the ball constantly - he's then always trying to make things happen - so he fails at that more than anyone else on the pitch - if we could just find a way to get him to move the ball on at times and not dwell on it we'd be much better off. 

He only needs to get it right once.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Can see young coming off earlier in the 2nd half. Emery usually doesn't like players on yellows.

Not sure - he's only really used Chambers in midfield and I can't see him brining on Patterson or Revan.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I actually think he's been our best player, had our only serious shot on target and been drifting off their backline very well. Just hangs onto it a bit too long again but they're finding it difficult to pick him up so we need to keep feeding him the ball and hope he can find some space and killer pass.

He definitely needs to keep trying pull off some of those through balls, it's just annoying when it goes wrong or he dawdles too long.  I basically have zero patience.

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m just hoping they don’t choke out there. 

Well....someone thinks a lot of themselves......don't they?

Edited by HKP90
  • Haha 1

We've been sloppy too many times this half, but it also seems Brentford has done their homework, making it difficult for us. Though, that only means we need to be better at producing those little moments of magic and not waste the opportunities. Not going to be too many of them, I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

With Buendia, he's so industrious that he gets on the ball constantly - he's then always trying to make things happen - so he fails at that more than anyone else on the pitch - if we could just find a way to get him to move the ball on at times and not dwell on it we'd be much better off. 

He only needs to get it right once.

Funny, I think he tries the quick release too much and needs to stay on the ball more 😆 

4 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I'd get Bertie on down the right and utilise that side. They've got the left locked cos of Mbuemo's pace. 

Just need to up the tempo a tad and we can nick this. 

I feel like I agree with this. If it is the right answer in certain Emery will see it. 

If not, I'm equally certain he'll find whatever is the right answer. 

Going to be tough finding space but need to keep trying. A few wrong decisions made in the final third by Ramsey and Moreno, but more chances will come.  Just need to take them as there won't be many

Edited by MrBlack

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

- if we could just find a way to get him to move the ball on at times and not dwell on it we'd be much better off. 

In a recent article he spoke about Emery telling him to hang on to the ball a bit longer than he had been doing