World Snooker Championship 2023

GlobalVillan

On 16/04/2023 at 20:24, TreeVillan said:

I can't stand him. Why the BBC binned off the colourful commentators like Virgo and Taylor for someone as dull as Murphy I'll never know.

Virgo and Taylor were both awful. "Where's the cue ball going!!!" got old about 10 years ago. Hendry is very good but if you want proper commentary then watch it on Eurosport. Dominic Dale et al are streets ahead of BBC.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Virgo and Taylor were both awful. "Where's the cue ball going!!!" got old about 10 years ago. Hendry is very good but if you want proper commentary then watch it on Eurosport. Dominic Dale et al are streets ahead of BBC.

I do miss the voice of Ted Lowe.

• Like 1

i don't mind most of them, but Rob Walker is the absolute pits. Oseqious and sycophantic and never shuts up, can tell the guy sitting next to him is begging him to be quiet

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

Just put on the Wilson - Day match and I've missed a maximum. Grrr. Well done Kyren Wilson though.

But... Remember the days when a 147 would be big news? Now it's just a casual mention in the match thread on the BBC.

On 17/04/2023 at 19:31, Lichfield Dean said:

Looks like Just Stop Oil I think on his t-shirt. Clearly snooker is a massive contributor to the oil problem.

I just wanna shout

GET A F***ING JOB YOU word removed 

I bet they drove to the venue in their car, probably propelled by petrol or diesel

Edited by Talldarkandransome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Just put on the Wilson - Day match and I've missed a maximum. Grrr. Well done Kyren Wilson though.

But... Remember the days when a 147 would be big news? Now it's just a casual mention in the match thread on the BBC.

Much like test cricket snooker is dying a slow death. Give it another 10 years and most of the snooker tournaments will be played in China, possibly even the worlds.

Â