World Snooker Championship 2023

GlobalVillan

Guest av1
10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is this basically a Raducanu type win? Never heard of this guy until he beat Ronnie and the style he won that match suggested he was playing with no fear or intimidation at all so I'm not too shocked he went all the way. Century break to win the final frame is such a brilliant way to finish aswell.

Not sure. Apparently Brecel was smashing adult pros at 12, he was always considering to be the next big thing but whatever reason it’s not happened (although the reference to the constant parties might be an issue) 

Hes always had all the talent in the world, but until this tournament it’s never all clicked. 

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is this basically a Raducanu type win? Never heard of this guy until he beat Ronnie and the style he won that match suggested he was playing with no fear or intimidation at all so I'm not too shocked he went all the way. Century break to win the final frame is such a brilliant way to finish aswell.

Er no. He has been around for years, played his first Crucible match when he was 17.  Just taken a bit of time to reach his potential but is still under 30 in  sport in which you can win weall into your 40's. Thought I would have predicted that a player from China would win the worlds before Belgium.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I was at the final. The highlight was Ronnie snotting all over the floor. What a disgusting weapon he is. Shame Carter is also a knob. It was a strange final, very little safety and very fast pace of play. 

45 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I was at the final. The highlight was Ronnie snotting all over the floor. What a disgusting weapon he is. Shame Carter is also a knob. It was a strange final, very little safety and very fast pace of play. 

He was proper gag coughing all the way through the tourny.

O'Sullivan is probably the biggest knob around, in any sport. It was a shame Carter didn't win. 

I used to like watching him but now it's just a series of excuses whether he wins or not. 

If he was my dad, I'd slap him around the face and tell him to grow up

• Like 1

It's a dying sport in the UK so it will be the next generation of Chinese players who eventually take over and dominate the game. At the moment Williams, Higgins, O'Sullivan etc. can't be dislodged by the younger players because they aren't good enough. 

28 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

O'Sullivan is probably the biggest knob around, in any sport. It was a shame Carter didn't win. 

I used to like watching him but now it's just a series of excuses whether he wins or not. 

If he was my dad, I'd slap him around the face and tell him to grow up

I love watching him play, but it does seem like he's trying to hard at the moment to be the fly in the ointment so to speak. Always moaning, shrugging his shoulders, talking down to people etc.. his comment "These so-called 'up and comers'" irked me a little.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I love watching him play, but it does seem like he's trying to hard at the moment to be the fly in the ointment so to speak. Always moaning, shrugging his shoulders, talking down to people etc.. his comment "These so-called 'up and comers'" irked me a little.

Yes he's the most talented player in history, but now he's just an arrogant prick. None of the other greats has ever been that arrogant. It's a good job they don't still drink while they play as a few of them might spark him out, I'd deffo cue him around the head 

Â