World Snooker Championship 2023

GlobalVillan

I think Allen is going to do it.

Not sure about Brecel - Si. I still favour Si but he did show a couple of signs of cracking, so it'll be interesting to see how he handles the pressure as it ramps up. Then again, Brecel isn't exactly used to this situation either.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

I hope i detected sarcasm. This is desperate stuff. Played 13 frames over 2 sessions where 16 should be played. Roll ups and miscues is not good snooker. 

No I enjoy a tactical exchange. Mind you I remember Cliff Thornburn and he was slow. Think Si v Selby will be a most interesting final. 

14 minutes ago, PaulC said:

No I enjoy a tactical exchange. Mind you I remember Cliff Thornburn and he was slow. Think Si v Selby will be a most interesting final. 

So do i but a session littered with roll ups is not great snooker and I’d be well pissed off if i paid for the that session. 5 frames !!

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Fascinating snooker 

I mean, I haven't watched this afternoon because of work, but I always enjoy the tactical scrappy frames a lot more than "yet another 100 break"

Sometimes I think it'd be interesting to see a tournament that introduces a maximum 50 break to force tactical play in every frame.

I would say, however, that last night's "nudge the white against a red on the cushion over and over" was getting very silly.

Edited by Lichfield Dean

So the Chinese have finally manufactured a top player from their snooker camps?

I fear for the others. They'll be disappeared/re-educated. 

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I mean, I haven't watched this afternoon because of work, but I always enjoy the tactical scrappy frames a lot more than "yet another 100 break"

Sometimes I think it'd be interesting to see a tournament that introduces a maximum 50 break to force tactical play in every frame.

I would say, however, that last night's "nudge the white against a red on the cushion over and over" was getting very silly.

Selby will grind Allen down, if Si gets through I think he'd prefer Allen. 

Â