Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

3 minutes ago, jim said:

Looks like a team thinking they can just turn up to me. We have seen this before after a string of good results.

Hopefully Unai sticks a rocket up their arses.

Unai stressed in is pre match presser that we needed to respect the opposition and put in the effort.

I think this is what he was referring to.

Apparently, taylor making card decisions based on impact on attacking play, rather than on violence committed.  Unfortunately, the criterion is supposed to be "Reckless" not necessarily "strategically impactful."

Just now, srsmithusa said:

Apparently, taylor making card decisions based on impact on attacking play, rather than on violence committed.  Unfortunately, the criterion is supposed to be "Reckless" not necessarily "strategically impactful."

I really don't like him as a ref, he's one of these who seems to not like booking early on, and so often it sets the tone for more and more bad tackles because players see they can get away with it

Saying that, Cooper has them set up well and his game plan has been executed very very well. We simply haven't a clue how to break teams down who don't get drawn in. Especially at home when the impetus us on us.

• Like 1