Midweek Football 3/5 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

How is it we're the only ones who can beat Everton at Goodison Park? They're really not that good.

Their centre back has popped in a screamer from 30 yards.  Let's not pretend they've created anything :D 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

West Ham and Leeds for me

West ham are basically safe now after beating Southampton. 

Spurs were poor and completely fell apart once they scored. Conté was right about them. 

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

His arm got pulled and he pushed Kane away by using his face.  That's what happened.

Unless I'm grossly misjudging his boneheaded-ness, it didn't look like he intentionally meant to use his face. He wasn't looking at him when he did it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Might be rhetorical, but you absolutely can, very very rarely happens though.

Terrible video, but it happened to Northern Ireland once

Not long ago someone committed a foul but the ref played advantage, same player commits another foul. Ref blows his whistle and give his 2 yellows, 1 for each foul. I can’t remember who it was though.

Just now, Genie said:

Not long ago someone committed a foul but the ref played advantage, same player commits another foul. Ref blows his whistle and give his 2 yellows, 1 for each foul. I can’t remember who it was though.

Martinelli last year. Blocked a quick free kick or throw and then committed another foul less than 30 seconds later

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, villa89 said:

West ham are basically safe now after beating Southampton. 

Spurs were poor and completely fell apart once they scored. Conté was right about them. 

A club that actually needs to sell Kane. He's too much of a shadow over them. They pander to him far too much. Letting him basically come so far deep he's almost a bad three at times, has to be the focal point. Sell, rebuild. In a sense Potter would be perfect for them as long as they get some strikers in (not Kane past at least one more season, he'll wane). I think Potter would do great with this squad. It's a decent size rather than Chelsea's ridiculous size squad. Their squad suits his philosophy short term having Kane is a benefit but sell him in the summer. Get Zaha on a free and let him and Richarlison with their pace and aggression be focal points for them. Son I love for them but think he too can be sold.

Kane's becoming as much as an albatross around Spurs neck as Ronaldo was for Man United. Everything is around them. There was a few times when players had better options first half and instead it was get here ball to him. He comes far too deep. Christ one point he was back deeper than their defensive midfielder.

In their prime I'd have taken Son over Kane all day long. He was, is superb

Â