Midweek Football 3/5 April

andykeenan

Just now, useless said:

I don't want Spurs to finish top four, but would prefer them finishing top four over Newcastle and want Everton lose just to keep relegation battle as interesting as possible. So basically happy for Tottenham to win this game.

Still feint hope we can catch Spurs, but fading fast if they win this.

And I'm not having this as a definite red. Usually some fouls are slowed down to super slo-mo and made to look worse, but in this case it presents new evidence. Kane is pulling Doucoure's shirt and arm towards himself, Doucoure's hand is clearly just in a pushing motion and his eyes are closed rather than looking at Kane. Also his own initial fouls have to be taken into consideration since the reaction was warranted.

Just now, fightoffyour said:

And I'm not having this as a definite red. Usually some fouls are slowed down to super slo-mo and made to look worse, but in this case it presents new evidence. Kane is pulling Doucoure's shirt and arm towards himself, Doucoure's hand is clearly just in a pushing motion and his eyes are closed rather than looking at Kane. Also his own initial fouls have to be taken into consideration since the reaction was warranted.

He pushes him in the face.  It's a red card all day long.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

What a **** ponce.

I'm not a fan of the penalty, it's the kind of thing that's always given now, but the Spurs player has charged in right into the path of the Everton player for no reason other than to buy a bit of contact to throw himself down. In 2023 that's a 'stonewall' penalty, and it **** stinks

• Like 2

On slow eeplay that's a penalty for Everton. Yes his arms are behind but at the point there ball is played he moves his leg arm to block the ball. It's a deliberate act. So a penalty. Even if he has his arms behind him he moves his left arm towards the ball

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Not to mention that Kane has committed three fouls and two separate yellow card offences in the 1 second before the flick ("push") in the face.

To be fair he did get a yellow.

Â