Midweek Football 3/5 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

I find the reaction from the commentators every time Kane dives hilarious! They fall over themselves to say he did nothing wrong! 

I reckon 95% of footballers are doing the same as Kane.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Kicked whoever that player was on the ground as well, and then swung the boot in at Doucoure, which is why he lashed out.

Not condoning Doucoure, but Kane gets away with murder because he’s Englands golden boy

He grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him towards him. Doucoure tried to push back but missed. 2 yellows would have been fair. I don't blame the ref for sending off Doucoure, he saw him strike Kane's face. But I thought this was the kind of thing that VAR was for.

• Like 1

Just now, Keyblade said:

He grabbed him by the shirt and pulled him towards him. Doucoure tried to push back but missed. 2 yellows would have been fair. I don't blame the ref for sending off Doucoure, he saw him strike Kane's face. But I thought this was the kind of thing that VAR was for.

Nah, VAR is only there to help Far East Betting Syndicates win more money ;)

• Haha 1

I have such little confidence in PL refs I wouldn't be surprised if that red card wasn't given if Kane doesn't sell it. State of the **** game these days, it's the sensible thing to do

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

VAR is never, ever, ever overturning someone hitting someone in the face - however light.

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

I have such little confidence in PL refs I wouldn't be surprised if that red card wasn't given if Kane doesn't sell it. State of the **** game these days, it's the sensible thing to do

Yep.  As I say, the vast majority of players are doing exactly the same thing.

I don't want Spurs to finish top four, but would prefer them finishing top four over Newcastle and want Everton lose just to keep relegation battle as interesting as possible. So basically happy for Tottenham to win this game.

• Like 1

Doucoure's just cost Everton another 300m pretty much with one action. Silly boy as they were on top at that point in the game.

Spurs have been really poor again, I don't see them winning that many games in the run in if teams keep 11 on the pitch v them.

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

VAR is never, ever, ever overturning someone hitting someone in the face - however light.

But it wouldn't give a red for that if Kane didn't flop over.

Credit to Kane for being willing to look a clearing in the woods. Can't trust refs to send people off, better collapse and give them no choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

But it wouldn't give a red for that if Kane didn't flop over.

Credit to Kane for being willing to look a clearing in the woods. Can't trust refs to send people off, better collapse and give them no choice.

I think it would.

Â