Eurovision 2023 - Live from Liverpool

hogso

Eurovision is the one night a year that VT becomes a glorious hive of pervyness not seen since the Lovely Ladies Thread did the rounds.  Like a wondrous throwback to the Loaded/FHM era.

Might go and rewatch Spain’s entry from last year myself actually 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wonder if we could have a performance by Deivis with their failed entry for Lithuania in 2009, (disqualified for apparently sounding like an existing song - personally, I can’t work out what song the judges were on about).

Anyway, and completely unrelated, as it’s being held in Liverpool, could we track down Lee Mavers and have him as a special guest, with a camera focused on him - particularly while Deivis are performing? 

Years ago my youngest was stopping with my mum and dad for the weekend and we got a call on the evening from  mum,  

“Oliver wants to know why that Lady on Eurovision has got a beard 🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, hogso said:

Semi final 1 takes place Tuesday 9th May

Semi final 2 takes place Thursday 11th May

The Grand **** Final takes place Saturday 13th May

In the exiting run up to the night we've all been waiting for, I will titillate you with a selection of my favourite songs from this year's event. 

Firstly, I give you...Germany 

Oh wow that's amazing. It has everything. It is all Eurovision distilled into one single entity.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Oh wow that's amazing. It has everything. It is all Eurovision distilled into one single entity.

My friend. 

Let me introduce you

To Croatia 2023

Mommy bought the Tractor

~Armageddon Granny~

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

18 hours ago, hogso said:

Semi final 1 takes place Tuesday 9th May

Semi final 2 takes place Thursday 11th May

The Grand **** Final takes place Saturday 13th May

In the exiting run up to the night we've all been waiting for, I will titillate you with a selection of my favourite songs from this year's event. 

Firstly, I give you...Germany 

The nineties called and wants its rejected b-sides back. God that's so dull, so boring. All been done before, and much better. 

All that said I love Eurovision for all the silliness, and I'm always drawn to anything that doesn't take itself seriously. Anyone at Eurovision that takes themselves seriously deserves huge ridicule. On that score, this is a winner. 

Edited by Anthony

On 31/03/2023 at 23:49, Mark Albrighton said:

I can’t work out what song the judges were on about).

presumably someone with some music knowledge looked  at the notes and structure etc and decided it was a close match  ?

I didn't think it sounded all that similar to the "original" tbh 

Edited by tonyh29

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

presumably someone with some music knowledge looked  at the notes and structure etc and decided it was a close match  ?

I didn't think it sounded all that similar to the "original" tbh 

I think the required knowledge was having to have heard “There She Goes” before. I think it’s extremely apparent. The “catchy” bit which the song is built around is clearly “there she goes, there she goes again…” just slowed down a bit.

17 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I think the required knowledge was having to have heard “There She Goes” before. I think it’s extremely apparent. The “catchy” bit which the song is built around is clearly “there she goes, there she goes again…” just slowed down a bit.

The La's got away with stealing it from Velvet underground  so I think Deivis had done enough personally :) 

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

The La's got away with stealing it from Velvet underground  so I think Deivis had done enough personally :) 

Mavers would probably insist he go back and re-record it in a cave with lo-fi equipment 326 times, and then not release it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’d have said the opening snippet of Bowie’s version of Sorrow might have inspired Mavers.

• 4 weeks later...
Â