Eurovision 2023 - Live from Liverpool

hogso

5 for 5 through from my picks, nice. 

Malta, Ireland, Latvia, Azerbaijan and Netherlands eliminated. No great losses. 

7 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Not homophobic or anything, do as you wish. but what's with the general male population in Eurovision? 

Not sure I understand the question. 

• Thanks 1

This felt like the slightly weaker of the semis to me. 

I think I'd pick Belguim, Cyprus, Poland, Australia, and the stand outs for me were Austria. 

Just now, hogso said:

This felt like the slightly weaker of the semis to me. 

Think you're being generous.  

Like describing Emi Buendia as slightly weaker than Andre the Giant.

• Haha 1

Denmark, Greece, Romania, Iceland, Georgia and San Marino eliminated. Again, no great losses. 

Although it was only a pre recorded segment, I thought the UK entry sounded pretty dreadful. Hopefully some nerves and Mae can put in a better performance on the night. 

Think I'm going to be backing Austria for the win. Good track. 

1 minute ago, hogso said:

Although it was only a pre recorded segment, I thought the UK entry sounded pretty dreadful. Hopefully some nerves and Mae can put in a better performance on the night. 

Think I'm going to be backing Austria for the win. Good track. 

It definitely sounds better on record than it did on that segment, that's for sure. 

I'd take an Austria win, but after a few listens since Tuesday I reckon Finland is now my favourite Eurovision song since Italy's in 2017.

Austria have drawn first performance for the final, with Sweden and Finland also in the first half of the show - bad news for them, as the winner generally comes from the second half. 

9 minutes ago, hogso said:

Austria have drawn first performance for the final, with Sweden and Finland also in the first half of the show - bad news for them, as the winner generally comes from the second half. 

Looking at the favourites and the running order, I'm now thinking maybe an Israel or Ukraine win. 

Â