Midweek Football 27/29 February

andykeenan

**** me, if we hadn't shit the bed against **** stevenage we'd have a really decent chance of cup success. **** you Olsen, dendonker and co again. double **** you. 

spurs losing to sheff united now

Loving this Sheffield performance. 

1 nil up against a vastly superior team. Less than 10 minutes to go.

Are they time wasting? Are they slowing the game to walking pace? Are they sitting deep and defending? Are the basically handing tempo to Spurs and desperately hanging on? 

No, they're keeping sensible pressure and tempo on Spurs and as a result the ball is spending most of the time in the Spurs half and there is very little goalmouth heart in mouth action in the Sheffield box. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Loving this Sheffield performance. 

1 nil up against a vastly superior team. Less than 10 minutes to go.

Are they time wasting? Are they slowing the game to walking pace? Are they sitting deep and defending? Are the basically handing tempo to Spurs and desperately hanging on? 

No, they're keeping sensible pressure and tempo on Spurs and as a result the ball is spending most of the time in the Spurs half and there is very little goalmouth heart in mouth action in the Sheffield box. 

N'Diaye's a really good player, he'll do well for them in the premier league next year so need to find 2-3 others for final third to support him. Think they picked him up from non league.

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Kept the manc clubs apart for the next round, job done Alan.

I mean, chances are that they’d be kept apart…

There was something absolutely wonderful about watching Grimsby fans bounce around with loads of inflatable fish 😂

7 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I mean, chances are that they’d be kept apart…

There was something absolutely wonderful about watching Grimsby fans bounce around with loads of inflatable fish 😂

Of course.

Made the job a lot easier for him…;)

Edit, it was in part how they were drawn. First hot ball out, home draw, lovely. Just find myself one of the cold ones… Now the second home team, where’s that other hot ball…

Spoiler

I am joking.

Spoiler

Mostly.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

United has had a home tie in every round of both cup competitions.

Nothing strange about that at all.

That's just the way it goes. They got lucky. Which they seem to very often. But that's all it is.

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

United has had a home tie in every round of both cup competitions.

Nothing strange about that at all.

Technically they didnt as Carabao Cup semi final is 2 legs

I think we had a similar home run a few seasons back to get to a semi final.

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Technically they didnt as Carabao Cup semi final is 2 legs

I think we had a similar home run a few seasons back to get to a semi final.

Yeah in 2015 before we played Liverpool in the semi final we had Blackpool, Bournemouth, Leicester and West Brom all at home.

53 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Yes but not in both of the cups. In the same season.

Apparently they have equalled our record of 10 consecutive home draws in both cup competitions!  I know I was shocked too!  😲 

Â