Nicola Bulley Missing Dog Walker

Lupinthe5th

2 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I didn't say his disappearance defied logic, so what's with the sarcasm? 

I said a lot if the missing cases defy logic. And for your information, in regards to  the Julian Sands disappearance, the bad weather only commenced when they started searching. Go and research the thing before you start dismissing it has the wild rantings of some nutcase. 

Splitting hairs isn't it, the conditions were treacherous with high avalanche risk due to a series of storms.

https://weather.com/news/news/2023-01-19-julian-sands-missing-california-storms

A series of atmospheric river-fueled storms dumped snow on Mt. Baldy and other peaks in the area before Sands went missing. Conditions were clear on Friday when he went missing, but another storm moved through the area starting on Saturday and had dumped another 10 to 18 inches of snow at the nearby ski area by Tuesday.

It's unclear what trail Sands departed on, but a 4.5-mile hike to the top of Mt. Baldy is described by the U.S. Forest Service as "strenuous" and says the 3,412-foot ascent is "aggressive." And that's without adverse weather. Sands is considered a very experienced hiker and said in a recent Guardian interview that he was happiest "Close to a mountain summit on a glorious cold morning."

"We strongly urge the community to just stay out of that area [Mt. Baldy] because even the most skilled hiker, like Mr. Sands, will find themselves in trouble just because it's too icy and the weather plays a big factor in whether we can deploy resources to that area," Gloria Huerta, public information officer for the San Bernardino County sheriff's department told NBC

The sheriff's department also said that they had to conduct at least 14 rescues of hikers in and around Mt. Baldy over the last four weeks because of treacherous weather. Two people died from falls in those incidents.

I'm really struggling with this idea that there's "more to this than meets the eye". It looks so consistent with a man going hiking in dangerous conditions, having an accident, and rescue teams struggling to find the body.

Just don't get this desire to turn these cases into more than they are. Is it because he's famous? What's unusual about it? It often takes ages to find bodies in the mountains.

3 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Splitting hairs isn't it, the conditions were treacherous with high avalanche risk due to a series of storms.

https://weather.com/news/news/2023-01-19-julian-sands-missing-california-storms

I'm really struggling with this idea that there's "more to this than meets the eye". It looks so consistent with a man going hiking in dangerous conditions, having an accident, and rescue teams struggling to find the body.

Just don't get this desire to turn these cases into more than they are. Is it because he's famous? What's unusual about it? It often takes ages to find bodies in the mountains.

He's not an idiot. You honestly think he's going to go hiking in a Mountain range in treacherous conditions. Like I said, maybe it's just a normal disappearance, but there have been countless dissapearnces from National parks in America that raise plenty more questions than answers. 

As for the weather thing, a lot of these searches for the missing have been thwarted by adverse weather conditions. The guy who brought this to light is not some crackpot, believe me, he's an intelligent ex cop who has worked tirelessly to bring this into the public domain.

I'm telling you, some of these cases of missing people are strange to say the least.

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

You honestly think he's going to go hiking in a Mountain range in treacherous conditions.

That isn't what was said in the article. What was said was that the conditions changed and became very bad on what was in any circumstances, a difficult climb.

Experienced hiker, attempts difficult mountain ascent, conditions changed for the worse. He still hasn't been found. There really is no mystery

6 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

He's not an idiot. You honestly think he's going to go hiking in a Mountain range in treacherous conditions.

That's literally what he did, though. You don't have to be an idiot to die in the mountains. They're inherently dangerous, that's part of the attraction. Hiking in mountains in winter is extremely dangerous, and lots of experienced hikers die in similar situations. I don't know Mt Baldy, but closer to home, the easiest (in summer) route up Snowdon turns into a deathtrap in the winter. I think Mt Baldy is a similar height. People die in the mountains. There's no Bigfoot.

Getting back on topic, the only thing that makes cases like Nicola Bulley or Julian Sands newsworthy is the lack of a body. The actual circumstances being put forward by the police aren't very farfetched. Someone goes missing by a river or the sea or in the mountains, and the laws of nature make it very hard to locate them. Conspiracies and fantasies fill in the gaps I guess.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

That isn't what was said in the article. What was said was that the conditions changed and became very bad on what was in any circumstances, a difficult climb.

Experienced hiker, attempts difficult mountain ascent, conditions changed for the worse. He still hasn't been found. There really is no mystery

I'm not actually convinced he was that an experienced hiker.

The absolute golden rule, no exceptions for proper hikers in serious hills is that you leave someone with your exact route and timings. You plan escape routes for bad weather. 

It actually shouldn't be like looking for a needle in a haystack for him, it should be a well defined search area. 

The problem is a lot of people think they are experienced hikers when they actually aren't. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

That's literally what he did, though. You don't have to be an idiot to die in the mountains. They're inherently dangerous, that's part of the attraction. Hiking in mountains in winter is extremely dangerous, and lots of experienced hikers die in similar situations. I don't know Mt Baldy, but closer to home, the easiest (in summer) route up Snowdon turns into a deathtrap in the winter. I think Mt Baldy is a similar height. People die in the mountains. There's no Bigfoot.

Getting back on topic, the only thing that makes cases like Nicola Bulley or Julian Sands newsworthy is the lack of a body. The actual circumstances being put forward by the police aren't very farfetched. Someone goes missing by a river or the sea or in the mountains, and the laws of nature make it very hard to locate them. Conspiracies and fantasies fill in the gaps I guess.

Sands was an experienced hiker, there's no way he's going into those mountains in such weather. The weather deteriorated when he was being searched for. No one is disputing people go missing without any mystery behind it. However, there are thousands of missing cases that are very strange indeed, some of these individuals are never found or are found in places that had previously been searched. It's so easy to be dismissive about these things, but there's far too many coincidences for this not to be taken seriously, imo.

One of these cases involved a tv producer named Terrence Woods who, whilst working on the Gold Rush tv show in one of America's national parks's, without warning, started running frantically down the side of a steep cliff before disappearing into forest never to be seen again. There are countless stories, such as sniffer dogs not being able to find a scent. Kids who have gone missing and then been found miles from where they vanished, we're talking about 6 and 8yr olds , there is no way they could traverse such distances. 

I believe something is going on, what it is, I've no idea.

30 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm not actually convinced he was that an experienced hiker.

The absolute golden rule, no exceptions for proper hikers in serious hills is that you leave someone with your exact route and timings. You plan escape routes for bad weather. 

It actually shouldn't be like looking for a needle in a haystack for him, it should be a well defined search area. 

The problem is a lot of people think they are experienced hikers when they actually aren't. 

It depends what you determine experienced by. For me, the fact he's an avid hiker makes him experienced. In some of the cases I've mentioned, park wardens and hunters have gone missing never to be seen again. The recommended essential item is a satellite phone, but I guess it's a case of it's never going to happen to me.

All I'm saying, Sid, is give it a listen when you have the time and see what you think. I was always brushing these kind of things off as wackos, but,this missing 411 thing is something different, honestly. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

I'm suprised sniffer dogs can't trace her movements on the river bank. 

We've not had much rain and I understood scent can linger for days.

Are their abilities overstated by Hollywood? 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm suprised sniffer dogs can't trace her movements on the river bank. 

We've not had much rain and I understood scent can linger for days.

Are their abilities overstated by Hollywood? 

As if sniffer dogs will pick up anything other than the scent of another dog :mrgreen:

1 minute ago, bickster said:

As if sniffer dogs will pick up anything other than the scent of another dog :mrgreen:

Thanks for the tip. 

From now on whenever I'm walking in a remote area I'll make sure to take a dogs arse with me. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Thanks for the tip. 

From now on whenever I'm walking in a remote area I'll make sure to take a dogs arse with me. 

I was being specific to this incident cos you know, it was the dog what done it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I was being specific to this incident cos you know, it was the dog what done it

Ahh yes, forgot what happened yesterday. 

Still think the dogs arse is a good tip nevertheless 👍

• Haha 1

It's fairly obvious what's happened.  

Bulley is actually an MI5 agent and needs to dissappear.  She is being hunted by the Flat Earth Society because she has found definitive proof that the Earth is a globe.   

She regularly went to the same place to walk her dog.  She left her phone on the bench so that it could be easily traced.  She then hid in bushes near the river.  Police Officers arrived at the area with the cover story of searching for her.  She then slipped out from the bushes wearing a Police uniform and simply left the scene with other officers.  

I even have proof -  

No-one has denied that she is an MI5 Agent. 

No-one has released CCTV images showing the Police leaving the scene. 

There are several examples throughout history of people wearing different clothes to disguise themselves. 

One of the officers leaving the scene had a ridiculously large moustache.  

• Haha 1

Â