Best/Worst Mascots

Marka Ragnos

8 hours ago, imavillan said:

You've made me love him. Very interesting history, I see ...

“He represents the angst of being a football fan – which anyone who has supported Partick Thistle over the last few decades understands,” says [creator artist David] Shrigley. “People are saying: ‘He’s terrible, he’s a disgrace to the good name of mascots.’ Do mascots have a good name? Do they have a union? If you look on the internet, as I did yesterday, you can find a far scarier mascot.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

The guy got diabetes and had to lose a load of weight. The club then sacked him as he didn't fulfil the brief of being a jolly fat man. 

Seems kind of unfortunate and stupid. Good on the man for taking care of himself. And also, kind of a bizarre set of stories around the supposed model for City Gent, the original club chairman. Stafford Higinbotham. Can't get my head around this.

Bradford City fire 'was not an accident': New book claims former chairman of club was linked to EIGHT other blazes before tragedy which killed 56 football fans in 1985 - with payouts worth £27million today 

• Author Martin Fletcher claims the devastating blaze was not an accident
  • Book reveals fires at other businesses owned by or associated with then club chairman Stafford Heginbotham
  • Mr Fletcher, a survivor of the blaze, says his findings warrant investigation
  • An inquiry into fire found it was an accident caused by discarded cigarette
  • West Yorkshire Police will consider any fresh evidence that comes to light

•  

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I remember thinking the evidence for those arson claims seemed pretty compelling at the time, but I don't think anything further has come of it since?

Stafford Heginbotham eh

I wonder which political party he voted for?

• Like 1

Rammie at Derby County used to get one of the youngsters from the away end on to the pitch and take penalties. Seen him do it with our junior villans.

Fair play to him

On 04/02/2023 at 00:12, Mark Albrighton said:

I might be getting my on-field incidents mixed up, but I believe this all started when Wolfie muttered to one of the pigs "I'd rather have the boar that is your sister."

• Like 1

Â