Best/Worst Mascots

Marka Ragnos

Bradford City's mascot used to be the City Gent (aka Lenny Berry) - don't think the costume design folk at valley parade were too arsed about coming up with any ideas :

bradfordcityvalleyparademascotte.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In my time as a steward at VP I met the wolves mascot - think the dogheads had a cup semi at our place (vs Arsenal ?)...and "wolfie" used our corporate entrance to get changed upstairs. He hung around thinking we wanted to chat with such a celebrity but in truth I found smashing my balls with a mallet more appealing. 

I can confirm he was every inch the "tay fair, ay it/ we am wolves" type of knuckledragger you'd imagine. He made Steve Bull sound like an Oxford professor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This is Brewno Bear, former mascot of Nuneaton Borough

hqdefault.jpg

RIP.

During the FA Cup First Round match against Stoke in 2000, Brewno cavorted around the Brittania during the match, and Pottermus - the Stoke mascot who debuted when they moved to that stadium - stole Brewno's head and ran off with it. 

0_escenic-2020-11-18T170754778.jpg

The game was a drab 0-0, with this event being the highlight. Boro' were in the Conference at the time and Stoke were a playoff side that season in the Second Division (tier 3), so it was a bit of a surprise result. 

Brewno had the last laugh though, as Boro' won the replay 1-0 at Manor Park in a live game on Sky, a big event for the town at the time. Boro' would arguably outdo that feat a few years later, when they drew against premier league Middlesborough 1-1 in the 3rd round of the FA Cup thanks to a last minute Gez Murphy penalty (conceded by Gareth Southgate).

Two for the price of one then - a pair of pretty poor, if iconic, mascots.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Bradford City's mascot used to be the City Gent (aka Lenny Berry) - don't think the costume design folk at valley parade were too arsed about coming up with any ideas :

bradfordcityvalleyparademascotte.jpg

The guy got diabetes and had to lose a load of weight. The club then sacked him as he didn't fulfil the brief of being a jolly fat man. 

• Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

Â