Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

23 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

We have better cover than City. Do City fans post this constantly about lack of cover if Haaland gets injured?

No idea but they play very differently to us and won the league a year ago effectively playing without a striker so they have less reason to be concerned. I do feel like our play would suffer a lot without a focal point but if Unai thinks Duran is ready then great.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

As I said, a tad short. I would like to see someone come in for Archer.

No need to snap. Jeez.

How is that snapping? Only one of Duran and Archer was getting in the squad. Emery has said Diaby can play striker and probably thinks same about Zaniolo. As someone else posted the other day, seeing players as only a striker/CF is outdated thinking

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

It's bullshit, just made up bullshit which is what you get these days on here. Don't even quote the bullshit tweet from someone with 56 followers. Just post Keinan Davis off to Udinese. Done.

Speculation threads have been the same for about 15 years. It's what it's for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would have loved fati but subjectively we have bought Diaby who is as good as any right sided attacker that has been bought anywhere this summer. 

Exactly so your opening sentence is a moot point!

48 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Still think we’ll see a surprise attacking signing in the next couple of days.

Might be someone we’ve not been linked with yet. The Lenglet deal proves that there are things going on behind the scenes.

I really hope this is the case.

2 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

What the **** happened to Striker? You used to be a good poster, interested in reasoned debate and were polite as far as I can remember… what’s going on? 

Don’t worry mate. Been taken over by the dark side for a few days but……https://tenor.com/en-GB/view/ill-be-back-sunglasses-terminator-arnold-schwarzenegger-gif-159160

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

One of our most busiest, active and successful transfer windows that I can remember and an influx of world class talent coming through the door, but yet we have some proper misrable bastards still lurking on the forum counting down the remaining days of the window and hoping we don't sign any more players.

Pathetic comments like "that's us done then" or "I can't see anymore arriving now" & "people are going to be on for a huge disappointment if they're expecting more signings" 

- even when it's evident we were still short on numbers and the club confirming we're still active in looking to add to the squad.

Some people need to cheer the f*** up and stop being so negative and flippant!

World class is pushing it.

Pau and Telemans are good players.

Zaniolo was supposed to be on his way to world class then got injured a lot…. Who knows.

Diaby is the best of the bunch but he is the rung below world class, however he is the best player we have signed on rep/ability in my time watching us.

Just now, DakotaVilla said:

Pau and Diaby are definitely on another level. 

Zaniolo has the potential to be very special.

Tielemans and Lenglet are solid internationals to help build out the squad.

All in all I think our transfer work has been fantastic.

We got Pau, Diaby and Tielemans in very early by most teams standards so they could have 2-3 weeks of pre season to adapt.

Lenglet likely wouldn't have happened but for the Mings injury so we've waited a couple of weeks for an experienced international to become available and now Chambers can act as cover for RB and DM.

Only area imo you can make a decent case for being short is CF once our first choice left side gets fit again so think we've got enough to get through to January even with the extra games.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Let’s hijack West Ham’s move for Hugo Ekitike. Very highly rated, unsurprisingly lost his way a little at PSG.

I am supportive of this kind of thinking.

He is one of the most talented young strikers around, and PSG was a stupid move for him.

However he does seem to have an attitude. It’s the sort of thing I would say financially and technically it makes total sense but the club would need contacts to check on his behaviour and personality to make sure it is right.

That aside I don’t see a downside, definitely good enough to compete for first choice number 9, young and talented with as good a chance as it gets that he will turn out better than Watkins.

If he doesn’t, you don’t lose much and someone else will give him a go for similar money after he has scored like 7 goals or whatever in the league.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I am supportive of this kind of thinking.

He is one of the most talented young strikers around, and PSG was a stupid move for him.

However he does seem to have an attitude. It’s the sort of thing I would say financially and technically it makes total sense but the club would need contacts to check on his behaviour and personality to make sure it is right.

That aside I don’t see a downside, definitely good enough to compete for first choice number 9, young and talented with as good a chance as it gets that he will turn out better than Watkins.

If he doesn’t, you don’t lose much and someone else will give him a go for similar money after he has scored like 7 goals or whatever in the league.

So you've given up on Duran already?