Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

18 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Excuse me, this is the summer transfer window thread. It's not for poo pooing discussion. Please leave.

Sorry mate… but you’re too late… it’s been the common theme of this thread unfortunately 😆

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I think one of my favourite things so far in this window, other than us signing Diaby, is when Pochettino was asked how Malang Sarr was recovering from injury and he had no idea who Sarr was.

In terms of our business, we are down to the last 36 hours and I'm pretty confident that Emery knows every player in every squad at our club, and will have final say on any transfers that may happen between now and then.

Exciting.

Crazy… what a shitshow and I’m happy for it to continue.

Let’s finish above them again and surpass them…

And showing that football is not simply about splashing the cash… corrupt AF.

Unai is in control 👑 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

WTAF? Basket case of a club…

So glad we operate completely differently, no one going over Unai’s head…

Through my work, I know Graham Potter's best mate (I don't know GP, so not an itk). When he was sacked, I heard plenty of stories about how far removed he was from any decision making. No one on the coaching staff had a clue what would happen with transfers from day to day. Circus of a club.

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tubby said:

Through my work, I know Graham Potter's best mate (I don't know GP, so not an itk). When he was sacked, I heard plenty of stories about how far removed he was from any decision making. No one on the coaching staff had a clue what would happen with transfers from day to day. Circus of a club.

Absolutely mental… Boehly is a psychopath!

Crazy how far Potter’s stock has fallen too… everyone was going mad about him but no one’s talking now… can’t seem to get a decent job either… unless he’s willingly taking a long break and rest… can’t blame him really! After working at that madhouse!

I guess Brighton’s set up was a bigger factor toward their success than Potter and his team…  De Zerbi is excelling…

Again, Chelsea throwing millions, if not billions, at the wall in complete desperation… and incurring such a loss after sacking him…

Don’t know how they get away with it and only suffer minor repercussions…

Corrupt.

• Like 1

To get more directly back on topic…

I love the way we are going about our business… and the way we conduct ourselves. Acting like a proper club with genuine ambition but sense and intelligence to go alongside it…

Unai is in full control and supported by Monchi and Vidagany…

He knows the club inside out… 

Will get the best out of his players and only bring in those deemed to be the right fit and of the required standard…

It’s excellent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

The best thing is that he genuinely seems to appreciate the trust and faith that we and the club have put in him and the level of control and support that he has. 

It’s a perfect fit and perfect harmony. Long May it continue. 

Absolutely…

Also funny how quickly and easily he “connected” with us fans and ingratiated himself…

unlike the cold and egotistical Scouse clown… who never even came close to doing so…

Unai is the best manager we could wish for… I’m actually proud to have someone so dignified, humble and classy (so rare) in control but he also has the skill, experience and nous to bring us genuine progress and success.

Incredible work ethic too…

I think those qualities will shine and be reflected onto the players too… such a likeable bunch.

Wonderful.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, Leeroy said:

Excuse me, this is the summer transfer window thread. It's not for poo pooing discussion.

Sounds like you're chatting shit

(pun purposes only - not being aggressive!)

Edited by Jareth
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

It's really only experienced backup for Watkins we are really lacking. We've say 3 + Duran atm - Watkins, Zaniolo, Diaby

JJ/Coutinho, Luiz/Tielemans, Kamara/Donk, Bailey/McGinn/Traore

We've 8 defenders once we sign Lenglet.

So even if Coutinho is sold we've two for every position if McGinn is option for LM after recent performances. Cash is option for RM, Zaniolo and Diaby for either side.

Ideally we get a LM in but we've Buendia to come back too. We'd need a top LM if we were to sign one.

I think it's really just Striker back up we need. If the player we need isn't available then we don't sign anyone. 

The striker market is poor unless your going near £100m for a surefire player who will deliver. We can't do that I suppose as Watkins is first choice we won't be spending that on a backup. Or Watkins won't stay to be backup himself.

All things considered you are spot on. Every position is covered with 2 players now. If Watkins gets hurt or suspended it's Diaby or Duran to fill in.

Let's see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He was linked a few weeks ago, seems like a decent player. Right footed left sided winger, something we're missing.

JJ? Don't say he's not a winger because Emery since he joined doesn't really play wingers unless it's FBs playing as wing backs like Moreno Digne Cash

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

JJ? Don't say he's not a winger because Emery since he joined doesn't really play wingers unless it's FBs playing as wing backs like Moreno Digne Cash

two players for every position?

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

two players for every position?

Sure that old canard. Liverpool won treble with main 11 playing bulk minutes and about 7 others playing bit part. City had several players that pretty much play every minutes all comps but yeah why not

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Kiwivillan said:

Sure that old canard. Liverpool won treble with main 11 playing bulk minutes and about 7 others playing bit part. City had several players that pretty much every minutes all comps but yeah why not

And? Emery has literally said he wants too players for every position, so who cares what Liverpool and City are doing?

• Like 1