Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 minutes ago, useless said:

I've known this feeling before, going into the last day of transfer window feeling we need more, hoping and wishing we get it, waiting patiently for something to happen, but having that sinking feeling that nothing will happen. Please let this be the day when I get to know what it feels like when something does happen on the last day of the window and my wish comes true, I should really like another attacker please.

The lights are still on at BMH…

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Lads, we've got The Monch™ - if somebody is good and gettable, we're in good hands. I know it's unfamiliar for us to have a good negotiator in our corner, but here we are. 

Perfectionist Unai batting away the many names Monchi is chucking at him from the database until the right ones come up:

I don't think Shaolin Soccer gets nearly enough love - GIFs - Imgur

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Nicho said:

I’d rather rip my ears off than listen to Dhamesh and Kaveh

Rubbish name for a boyband

2/10. WNB

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I still think there's something brewing ...

It'll be my full English I had earlier. That extra slice of fried bread was a mistake...

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, useless said:

I've known this feeling before, going into the last day of transfer window feeling we need more, hoping and wishing we get it, waiting patiently for something to happen, but having that sinking feeling that nothing will happen. Please let this be the day when I get to know what it feels like when something does happen on the last day of the window and my wish comes true, I should really like another attacker please.

Why does it need to be a sinking feeling? We've had an amazing window. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Nice going into the day not looking at a really obvious gaping deficiency we need to address. bit of tinkering and the odd departure would be great today. Anything more is a bonus.

Great window.

And not a massive outlay either. Very tidy business, and if Zaniolo fulfills his early promise, it will be perhaps our best window in the PL era.

Edited by maqroll

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Good?

It’s probably been our best window in decades. 

2 huge immediate upgrades to the first team (Pau and Diaby)

3 internationals to provide stiff competition to the starters (Tielemans, Zaniolo and Lenglet)

Nearly all of the fringe players shipped out (hopefully Coutinho as well) for large fees leaving plenty of FFP and squad space for January and future windows with the ability to buy back Archer and Ramsey if they really kick on. 

If you’d have told me in may we’d have signed Diaby, tielemans and torres I wouldn’t have believed it. Zaniolo and lenglet are also great additions

51 minutes ago, useless said:

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.dailymail.co.uk%2Fi%2Fpix%2F2015%2F09%2F01%2F17%2F2BE19D0500000578-0-image-a-32_1441123306653.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=d40295c8be2028d637f24266c76a9e8a0d932977c416b018c66b0636d7e49a9a&ipo=images

• Haha 1

I wonder if anyone itk at BMH or VP watches this thread thinking ‘these sad b*stards think something else is going to happen?!!’ 

I for one am going to savour the remaining hours in which this thread devolves into fish puns and gifs about Alison Brie until admin is forced to temporarily lock the thread because it all disintegrates into name calling. 

We’re in for a wild ride, people.