Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ok, I’ll read back but how about… a 50m deal divided up (initial fee reduced) by add ons etc? Or loan to buy deals?

Remote possibilty of a loan I guess...however, Barca need the cash so cant see that unless with an obligation - again brings us back to the fact that we cant afford that yet. If anymore come in we will be looking at Moreno-type deals in regards to outlay.

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery happy with squad, moves away for Bailey, Digne, Dendoncker, Chambers were a possibility with the club ready to listen to offers, which would have meant replacements brought in, but nothing on the horizion, so looks like we're going with what we've got 😍✨

Still over a week left of the window, this is a bit presumptuous 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, eholm said:

The article talks about a 50M deal. There is no way we are going to spend or are ABLE to spend 50M on any player this year for the reasons i've alluded to previously. 

Do you know this or speculating?  

14 minutes ago, useless said:

Emery happy with squad, moves away for Bailey, Digne, Dendoncker, Chambers were a possibility with the club ready to listen to offers, which would have meant replacements brought in, but nothing on the horizion, so looks like we're going with what we've got 😍✨

Is this a quote or insider info or your opinion?

We’ve got plenty of financial room to spend big and to add quality if it is available. As we’ve seen in January, we’ll only move for the right player and will keep our powder dry if needed.

Last few days in the window will be interesting to see if the likes of Felix or Torres become available otherwise we may just roll the dice and wait until January.

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

Not affordable in relation to FFP, for clarity.

We can easily afford €50m signing in FFP this season. 

We just have some work to do with the UEFA rules next summer if we qualify again. As the threshold drops to 80% from 90% this season. 

Just now, macandally said:

Do you know this or speculating?  

Purely my personal thoughts mate,  mixed with some reading between the lines and sprinkled with, hopefully, a smidge of common sense. A signing of that magnitude coupled with athe wages will cost in excess of £75M. Where we are as a club, we are not opertaing at those levels after the outlay we have already made this Summer - even taking into acount the sales.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

We can easily afford €50m signing in FFP this season. 

We just have some work to do with the UEFA rules next summer if we qualify again. As the threshold drops to 80% from 90% this season. 

Apprecaite your opinion but I couldnt disagree more. We are no where near being of the ability to spend another 75M+ (incl wages) after what we have already spent. Hopefully in the future but we need to accept where we afre in regardds to our revenue streams and overall profitability as a club. Also, we cant just look at THIS season...its an ongoing process to balcnace the FFP requirements across multiple seasons.

7 minutes ago, eholm said:

Not affordable in relation to FFP, for clarity.

Not true

1 hour ago, eholm said:

Agreed re the nice boost to FFP from the sale of the kids. However, even with this profit, it will not facilitate a large transfer fee plus the high wages that a £30-40M+ purchase would require. Our two high value signings have already been made (Pau and Diaby). I think our expectaions had been raised with speculation of us pending £150-200M etc...In hindsight we were never in that position and this has now been confirmed as wre are selling the kids to recoup monies to satisfy FFP as well as give us a bit of wiggle room for a couple more squad additions. I just can't see us buying any more players of the quality/value that we already have signed. Some fine tuning in the last few wdays to bolster our depth in defence and attack. 

I think your understanding of our finances, our FFP and the way FFP works isn’t correct.

19 minutes ago, thabucks said:

We’ve spent circa £75-£80 million so far and will have hopefully recouped around £40-£45million in sales with virtually all of that pure FFP profit. So current net spend will be between £35-£45mill . Smart business and also Room for further signings for sure 

@eholmExclude the net spend comment above but the relative spend re FFP, compared to the pure profit sales along with the significant headroom re FFP before the transfer window started means we have significant FFP headroom to make a large acquisition still in this transfer window and still have plenty of headroom.  Will we? I don’t know, but FFP is currently not hindering our ability to add further large fee signing and wages this window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Apprecaite your opinion but I couldnt disagree more. We are no where near being of the ability to spend another 75M+ (incl wages) after what we have already spent. Hopefully in the future but we need to accept where we afre in regardds to our revenue streams and overall profitability as a club. Also, we cant just look at THIS season...its an ongoing process to balcnace the FFP requirements across multiple seasons.

I think you're right.  Ansu Fati is on £230,000 a week, about £12,000,000 a year, over 5 years about £60,000,000, with £50,000,000 transfer fee on top.  There is no way we are spending over £100,000,000+ on Ansu Fati 🤣

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think you're right.  Ansu Fati is on £230,000 a week, about £12,000,000 a year, over 5 years about £60,000,000, with £50,000,000 transfer fee on top.  There is no way we are spending over £100,000,000+ on Ansu Fati 🤣

We could.

But we won't.