Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

I will never complain at us buying a Mousa Diaby figure for loads of money. As long as they're not shit. It's easy to not buy shit players.

It would be great if we could supplement big buys with some well-researched cheaper buys that can contribute in the next 12-24 months.

Yes! Exactly like Duran!

I don’t think it’s as simple as that

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’m tired and I have a headache…..

save me the bother of reading todays posts, has anything supposedly happened with any credibility?

A couple of links to Abde Ezzalzouli (Barca winger) from different places and Aaron Ramsey has completed his Burnley move. Think that's about it.

Edited by villan95
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Over a 5 year deal (very crude figures), that’s a £70m purchase. 

Surely we can one up Chelsea and start signing players on 10 year deals before the new rules kick in?!

Now we've got 140 mill to get a player, this Football Finance ting is easy! 😃

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Has there been any movement shares wise recently that would imply a big lay at the end of the window?

If we’re looking to ship out Archer and Bidace there’s got to be a striker and a wide player coming in, surely

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

Has there been any movement shares wise recently that would imply a big lay at the end of the window?

If we’re looking to ship out Archer and Bidace there’s got to be a striker and a wide player coming in, surely

You’d think but I don’t think we’ve been linked to a single striker all summer. 

I’m guessing we are but we still do our business under the radar as much as possible. I’m shocked no one has gone in for Arnau Martinez who’d I’d prefer over fresneda.  

Emery has alluded we will pounce when the time is right which for me reads we are in for example  Fati / Felix  buts it up to the players who are keeping options open for now. 

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’m guessing we are but we still do our business under the radar as much as possible. I’m shocked no one has gone in for Arnau Martinez who’d I’d prefer over fresneda.  

Emery has alluded we will pounce when the time is right which for me reads we are in for example  Fati / Felix  buts it up to the players who are keeping options open for now. 

I’m not convinced by Fati, Felix or Torres. They’re all on shedloads and I think if we shopped a bit smarter there’s equal talent out there for less outlay. 

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

I’m not convinced by Fati, Felix or Torres. They’re all on shedloads and I think if we shopped a bit smarter there’s equal talent out there for less outlay. 

Fati & Felix are potentially generational talents who have lost their way but can easily get back to their best under the right conditions… Only reason we stand a chance of getting them is because of that. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Fati & Felix are potentially generational talents who have lost their way but can easily get back to their best under the right conditions… Only reason we stand a chance of getting them is because of that. 

Would support them if we signed them but in my opinion they’ve both never really lived up to their hype.

Personally I’d rather we went for someone like Goncalves and/or Gouiri out on the left and someone like Kudus for the AM role, although it looks like that’s going to be Zaniolo now.

As direct competition for Watkins I’d like us to get Jonathan David but that’s wishful thinking on my part. 

9 minutes ago, burchy said:

Would support them if we signed them but in my opinion they’ve both never really lived up to their hype.

Fati is still only 20, he’s had some nasty injuries and struggled to come back after them. He’s got got 20 odd goals (1in 4) for Barca, and international caps. Think it’s a bit harsh to say not lived up to hype.  Felix, fair enough.

25 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Standing by to get slapped down by @romavillan or @allani here, but that’s a similar(ish) profile to Zaniolo.

If Emery thinks getting that type of player back to their best (and he’s improved the quality of our mainstay squad across the board so far) is the way to build a UCL qualifying team on a budget , fair enough. It’d be a brave Villa fan who bets against him. 

• Thanks 1