Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

13 hours ago, useless said:

Reporter who's saying Philogene to Hull, is also saying they've got another signing lined up from the second city, but whether it's another from us, small heath, or maybe player born in Birmingham I don't know.

Apparently the same reporter has now confirmed it's another Villa player they're signing, my guesses would be either Iroegbunam, Davis, or Chrisene

9 days left - if Philogene and Archer are leaving you have to expect one more attacking signing.

Id really like another wide midfielder to provide cover to JJ as well. No links there though. 

Monchi is going to be a busy boy. 

Edited by villaglint

'City believe they can be genuine contenders for promotion this season, and should the players arrive they're in lengthy discussions with, there's little doubt others will now see them as such, Philogene would certainly be placed into that category, and so too, the 'other' player from Villa the Tigers are in talks to sign.'

hulldailymail

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, useless said:

City believe they can be genuine contenders for promotion this season, and should the players arrive they're in lengthy discussions with, there's little doubt others will now see them as such, Philogene would certainly be placed into that category, and so too, the 'other' player from Villa the Tigers are in talks to sign.

I reckon it could be Archer

• Like 1

Is Doku a " Man City " type player?

Just seen Romano say he's going there.

From the little I've seen, he seems an explosive type who benefits from counter attack, quick transition etc.

This isn't Man City's game?

Or are they going to " transform " him into a one touch pass and move merchant nullifying his best qualities?

I'm probably just annoyed in fairness.

• Haha 1

I think Berty could be a useful member of the squad if we can get him fit, firing and back to his lockdown form (bring back the old hairstyle!!)… in the last year of his contract, we wouldn’t get much for him so may as well use him when we can, particularly against weaker opposition such as in ECL…

Gives us that depth and isn’t costing us a bomb…

He should be motivated to try and earn a new deal too but I’ve felt that his time is coming to a close… can he leave on good terms and leave us with more good memories?

Happy with Troare as a Conference League player. He could do some damage against some of the lesser clubs, while giving our Premier League starters a much-needed rest.

Same goes for some of the earlier rounds of the League Cup.

That said, if a club wants to give us even market value for him (let alone Saudi money), I could see us taking it.

• Like 2

Oh…

We should stop dreaming about Saudi offers, there’s no interest in any of our players from there and we got messed around with the Digne situation…

We wouldn’t get much for Berty… I’d rather keep him around this season then let him leave with a fond farewell and appreciation for the memories and moments of skill - he made lockdown much more bearable and really entertained. Couple of goals last season inc that beauty against Leicester… always has something to offer…

Only point in him leaving is if it helps us bring in another signing…

We need depth and a squad though… we will play some relative minnows in certain competitions too…

• Like 2