Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Oh you mean it was upgraded from €3m to €5m initial loan fee and now outright €27m future fee rather than the €20m + €7m add-ons that it was last week. Sorry, that makes sense now.

That tweet has the old numbers, the newest as in last night/ today rumour is upgraded figures

Over at Hürriyet, they state the Turkish champions have rejected Aston Villa’s €30m package This has seen Unai Emery’s side make an improved proposal that includes a €5m loan fee with a option to buy set at €27m.

It’s stated Galatasaray are ‘evaluating the new offer’ made by Aston Villa but are not keen since it doesn’t include a mandatory purchase option.

Meanwhile, Calciomercato.it state the player ‘immediately said yes’ to the English club and the two parties are working to sort out the personal terms. It’s down to Aston Villa to agree a deal with Galatasaray for the transfer to take shape

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grobs said:

“Knee jerk”

Totally, that was my point. If there's players who are on our radar, fine, but we can't buy lesser players for the sake of it.

It's the equivalent of house hunting. You want a 4 bed detached with garage, there'll be 3 or 4 you're looking at, you have a favourite but you would take any. f none are available you don't suddenly buy a 1 bedroom flat. 

• Like 1

Think we need a Mings like replacement, even if on loan.

Torres may come good, but they are totally different players and Torres ain't the physical battling type.

Konsa must step up to be a leader somewhat as well.

Or we do the Torres LB, Carlos CB and Konsa RCB.

Or just go 3 at the back.

Dunno.

I'd even be tempted to try Torres as a DCM if Kamara shows anymore of that lacklustre attitude from yesterday.

3 - 5 - 2 might actually work best with our current circumstances.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Think we need a Mings like replacement, even if on loan.

Torres may come good, but they are totally different players and Torres ain't the physical battling type.

Konsa must step up to be a leader somewhat as well.

Or we do the Torres LB, Carlos CB and Konsa RCB.

Or just go 3 at the back.

Dunno.

I'd even be tempted to try Torres as a DCM if Kamara shows anymore of that lacklustre attitude from yesterday.

3 - 5 - 2 might actually work best with our current circumstances.

We need to start targeting captains from other teams. Then the loss of Mings will be mitigated.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

We need to start targeting captains from other teams. Then the loss of Mings will be mitigated.

I think Carlos was actually Captain at Sevilla? Not sure about Torres, think he was as well?

Aside from that, i've mentioned that, I notice when our own Captain, McGinn has an ineffective game, the whole team tends to.

Strange as he's been so good.

Just so many things were off at the same time yesterday it's unreal.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Sure he’s good defensively but terrible with the ball at his feet we need technical players who can play out of the back. These are Everton esq signings as there’s no resale value in any of them bar Gnonto .

He isn’t terrible with the ball at his feet. Far from it but Emery wants a holding RB and Wan-Basaka is perfect for that. Re-sale value on both Adams and Gnonto. Wan-Basaka would fix a weakness in the first team for seasons to come so why would you want to sell him?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Carlos was actually Captain at Sevilla? Not sure about Torres, think he was as well?

Aside from that, i've mentioned that, I notice when our own Captain, McGinn has an ineffective game, the whole team tends to.

With Mcginn he dominated Dan Burn so much in the game at VP I was surprised to see him on the left. I actually thought he started to come in to the game more when he moved over to the right. 

We need tenacity and more power  for when the likes of JJ , Buendia are out.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think Torres and Carlos will be fine they need effective outlets each side of them a better RB and Moreno . It all went down hill following the mistake by Konsa yesterday. Torres actually helped maintain possession initially and we gained a foothold in the game. As unpopular as this may sound Bailey going off didn’t help and shoehorning a midfield of Tielemans, Luiz Kamara cost us. 

• Like 2

I've never necessarily been in the " chuck money at it " camp.

However, I feel we definitely need a lift in morale and quality.

As a couple others have mentioned, we may need to accelerate finance plans and take from a future budget to make a couple of big signings.

Mings injury is a huge void.

We need a couple of big, high quality signings for an overall lift imo.

Take a risk now, and balance the books later.

7 minutes ago, striker said:

He isn’t terrible with the ball at his feet. Far from it but Emery wants a holding RB and Wan-Basaka is perfect for that. Re-sale value on both Adams and Gnonto. Wan-Basaka would fix a weakness in the first team for seasons to come so why would you want to sell him?

Didn’t you listen to @nick76’s point about running into the same problems as Everton? There are far better options 

• Like 2

Aston Villa nearing move for Galatasaray's Nicolo Zaniolo - Get Italian Football News (getfootballnewsitaly.com)

ASTON VILLA NEARING MOVE FOR GALATASARAY’S NICOLO ZANIOLO

Premier League side Aston Villa are now nearing an initial loan move for Galatasaray star Nicolo Zaniolo.

Alfredo Pedulla has reported that Zaniolo is now edging close to a move to Villa, with close contacts taking place between the parties and there is a feeling that the deal could close by tomorrow. Work is being done to sort out the bonuses involved in the deal.

The deal will involve an initial loan deal worth €3 million, with the option to buy him permanently expected to be at €20 million with bonuses of €7 million. The Italian is likely to earn a wage of €3 million per season, if he joins permanently and he will sign a five-year deal.

Zenit St Petersburg made a concrete attempt to land the player and they were offering a higher salary. But Unai Emery’s pressure is making all the difference, especially since Gala managed to settle for a fee which is less than the release clause in the Azzurri star’s contract. 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

if we played a deep, static defence line, he would suit that.

With our high line?, no way.

Tbh I think Mings injury may well see UE amend his high line tactic. His recovery pace and ability to organise that line is far too difficult and expensive to replace. 

Say we now drop the line by 10 yards, this could enable us to buy an organiser type CB who doesn’t necessarily have to be extremely quick. We could even look at someone like Jonny Evans who would be that leader type CB and is very good aerially…?

We clearly need to be creative due to FFP so worth thinking a bit differently imo. 

3 minutes ago, eholm said:

Tbh I think Mings injury may well see UE amend his high line tactic. His recovery pace and ability to organise that line is far too difficult and expensive to replace. 

Say we now drop the line by 10 yards, this could enable us to buy an organiser type CB who doesn’t necessarily have to be extremely quick. We could even look at someone like Jonny Evans who would be that leader type CB and is very good aerially…?

We clearly need to be creative due to FFP so worth thinking a bit differently imo. 

Yeah, he could well do. We've got talented players in defence but we need to play to their strengths. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, striker said:

We have players like Chambers played RB more than any other position in his career. We can't keep signing players without offloading players and talking Hause and Traore not even Dendoncker Chambers. The management would've looked at the 3 ins as part of the squad of 25 not expecting 2 long term injuries to 2 key players eve and beginning of season. Signing players,  leaving aside the fact we need to offload players from the wage bill, isn't like nipping down to the supermarket like some make out. Dean Smith said it right, transfers are complex, you need 4 parties to agree, buying and selling club, player and agent and then add on players family and kids if they're moving abroad. Honestly people living in cloud cuckoo land thinking it's so simple to get transfers across the line. We've been dealt a proper shit sandwich this season and we may just have to eat it. 

Edited by Kiwivillan