Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why do we need a cb? We have Torres, Carlos, Konsa and Chambers 

Agreed. What we need is a dominant CB like Mings but given we won’t be able to throw the money at it that would be required then we really need Torres and Carlos to step up and show their worth.

Edited by villaglint
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Why do we need a cb? We have Torres, Carlos, Konsa and Chambers 

I think it's because Mings was the organiser...

Also Carlos maybe is still being treated softly....

Chambers supposedly was going to be back-up RB, although yes he can play there too.

Technically you are correct though we do have four to choose.

However I was thinking of a loan or one year deal for someone to come in, a Chiellini type (although not him obviously)....someone who is really experienced to steady the ship.

Or perhaps Emery will say it is time for you four to step up.

We need another forward regardless of the defence. Newcastle yesterday had Wilson and Isak, both are very good PL strikers.

Watkins was poor and we had nobody with experience to come in to offer something different. Even Brighton have Ferguson, Welbeck and Joao Pedro, who looks a class signing for them.

Our reliance on 1 striker could cost us and I’m not sure Archer can do the Watkins role, even if he is a better finisher.

Just a hunch but I wonder if our remaining summer plans are waiting on Ramsey to leave for Burnley and possibly Archer to free up the FFP wriggle room we need. 

I think Foyth makes a lot of sense to come in for Cash as would Demiral to replace the aggression and height of Mings. Zaniolo would be great for the squad as would a punt on Luka Jovic who I think only has a year left on his contract at Fiorentina. 

In addition to Ramsey and possibly Archer the disposal of Davis even for £5m would be huge for FFP. 

Carlos (if he's healed) and Torres should be a great CB partnership with time. I'm more worries about the full back situation so that's where I hope we act asap. 

Digne is OK but hugely expensive for a rotation guy and it feels like he might be off if we get a offer. Moreno obviously fantastic but not fit yet. Cash, again is OK as back up but shouldn't be our starting RB if we want to compete. And then there are guys who are not really full backs like Konsa, Torres and Chambers.

We badly need help at full back and ideally we need a new starting RB. A new CB would be nice too if Mings is seriously injured as it seems. But full back is a must.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Because konsa showed how useless he is without mings.

We dont even know if chambers is in emerys plans

I don’t disagree but we also have Dendonker and Kamara who could fill in there. On Dendonker it seems most would be happy to see him leave. He isn’t perfect but he’s a decent squad player who started in our home wins over United and Newcastle last season. 

If Unai doesn’t think Carlos is the solution - and assuming we have a target in mind, I’d go all out for a big, fast / athletic, ‘stopper’ type right centre back to sit alongside Torres. That was probably the long term vision anyway. 

Carlos to Inter might have to happen to help fund it. Chambers and Konsa as back-ups 😬

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Carlos (if he's healed) and Torres should be a great CB partnership with time. I'm more worries about the full back situation so that's where I hope we act asap. 

Digne is OK but hugely expensive for a rotation guy and it feels like he might be off if we get a offer. Moreno obviously fantastic but not fit yet. Cash, again is OK as back up but shouldn't be our starting RB if we want to compete. And then there are guys who are not really full backs like Konsa, Torres and Chambers.

We badly need help at full back and ideally we need a new starting RB. A new CB would be nice too if Mings is seriously injured as it seems. But full back is a must.

Foyth and Laporte would be very nice, but no way we can spend on both those and still fill the holes up front. 

This looks like a cheap deal to replace Buendia which I’d love us to get done.. 

69F8A771-1BA7-4141-A0D1-F07099243669.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, delboy54 said:

The issue now is that selling clubs know that we need replacements for a third of our first team who are off with long term injuries, so they will inflate their prices....

Awful to lose Mings, we rely a lot on his vocal organisation on the pitch and without him where is the leader in our team?

A third of the first team doesn’t need replaced. Ramsey and Moreno will be back in a few weeks. Zaniolo is coming In hopefully, and doubtful Buendia would even start most games if Ramsey is fit. Mings is the biggest loss though, but we have three top defenders.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Because konsa showed how useless he is without mings.

We dont even know if chambers is in emerys plans

So we signed Torres as a Mings backup? And have no intention of utilising a Europa League winning Centre Back in Carlos?

11 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Zaniolo is coming In hopefully, and doubtful Buendia would even start most games if Ramsey is fit.

He could be completely shit and that's just absolute rubbish about Buendia but easy throwaway comment now he's injured

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

So we signed Torres as a Mings backup? And have no intention of utilising a Europa League winning Centre Back in Carlos?

Carlos who himself came back from a serious injury? How do we know he wont have a relapse?

You feel confident going in with torres and chambers or konsa?

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I don't. Mings was arguably one of the best CBs in the PL under Emery. Almost irreplaceable if not very difficult to replace at short notice. Not confident about Carlos either based on before injured and pre season

Edited by Kiwivillan

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Carlos who himself came back from a serious injury? How do we know he wont have a relapse?

I don’t think we can realistically find a target, it would also mean bringing in someone from abroad something and having to settle and adapt to the Premier League.  Because there’s absolutely no chance of buying a ready made premier league defender . 

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Exactly.  We need a rb and top striker so much more

A Rb that can defend and has technical ability if we can’t pass the ball quickly and in tight spaces we can’t beat the press and teams will force errors.