Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

31 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

In his post match interview today Emery said "I want to be competitive (in all four competitions) and we will need a lot of players". After seeing the drop off in preseason when our first teamers have been subbed off this may push him to bring more in.

It was very noticeable today. 

14 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

any clues and his he reliable

Neil on for the love of Paul Mcgrath says he is think the PSK who sent the message on the show normally private messages him & Neil says he has got most things right so seems reliable. I remember few months ago on same show someone had said to Neil through a message that we had a deal in place for a striker it may have been the same guy, clearly we haven't signed a striker but reading between the lines it could of been the Tammy Abraham link, talk was a deal was in place for him, then he went & got his injury last game of season. Time will tell. The only recent links are the fullback & Doku 💁‍♂️ could be a new link though.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Interesting but how would he know the media will start reporting it?

No idea ... but Neil seems to think he is in the know somehow as snippets he gets off him come to fruition.

• Like 1

Based on today, Bidace isn't quite ready and we defo need a left/right sided forward.  We also need some proper competition for Watkins.  If he gets injured, we have no-one who can quite play that same role.  Archer isn't that type of player. 

8 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Neil on for the love of Paul Mcgrath says he is think the PSK who sent the message on the show normally private messages him & Neil says he has got most things right so seems reliable. I remember few months ago on same show someone had said to Neil through a message that we had a deal in place for a striker it may have been the same guy, clearly we haven't signed a striker but reading between the lines it could of been the Tammy Abraham link, talk was a deal was in place for him, then he went & got his injury last game of season. Time will tell. The only recent links are the fullback & Doku 💁‍♂️ could be a new link though.

It could well be this… if a deal is close to being agreed. They want 30m straight up, we’ve offered 20m + 10m in add ons…. 25m done deal?

He was at Cardiff last year and isn't ready. 'based on today' fair enough, wrong choice of words,  but from what i saw, he needed to go at the defender more and chose the easier option.  Unai can work with him but I don't think he's ready for a full season.  Be great for him to go to a really decent club in the Championship for another season.  

See Everton are linked with Yuri Alberto from Corinthians, can cover LW/RW & CF… The article says multiple teams in Europe are interested in him. Wonder if we would be one of them… 

12 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You can’t really do that though can you? 

Yeah… I have to say… I’m surprised at how much and how many people are reading into relatively early preseason friendlies in sweltering heat… I think, because he has done so remarkably well, Unai has raised expectations at every level or in every aspect… we need to be a bit more reasonable and level headed…

Writing players off after a few minutes of football too… for example, Leon’s just returned and some are already clamouring for his sale!

Criticism of Kamara who has largely been exceptional for us… isn’t a player allowed a touch of sluggishness and a break… preseason is about working that off and getting back into the swing of things…

Many of us don’t share that view but a lot of people seem to be doing a lot of complaining.

The Lazio and Valencia games will tell us much more…

It’s been more about getting the fitness and sharpness right, working on things and working that rust off… get the sloppiness out of the system before the real games begin… I think people are being quite harsh on our players at a relatively unimportant or even insignificant time…

Need a more chilled approach…

I don’t get the impression that Unai is concerned or upset at all… certainly doesn’t convey that from his post match interviews. It’s all part of the plan… he’s used to it…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

Torres and Doku would absolutely transform this team. Bailey flatters to deceive and Watkins simply isn’t clinical enough for a CL chasing team.

Torres and Doku would be great, but Watkins offers us something that few other strikers do.

Wouldn’t be surprised if all PL clubs except Arsenal and Man City would take him if offered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Torres and Doku would be great, but Watkins offers us something that few other strikers do.

Wouldn’t be surprised if all PL clubs except Arsenal and Man City would take him if offered.

Liverpool paid £80m for their version

• Like 2

I need to do some more research on Ferran Torres.

You can't go by highlights to judge players, but I don't think I've seen anything from him which has wowed me.

Is he just a good , 6 - 8 out of 10, consistent all round forward/winger?

As opposed to an explosive, sporadic match winner and defense destroyer such as Doku etc?

Which would people prefer between the two if given the choice?

Don't think I really noticed Torres when at City either.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can't go by highlights to judge players, but I don't think I've seen anything from him which has wowed me.

As opposed to an explosive, sporadic match winner and defense destroyer such as Doku etc?

I'd prefer Johnson or Doku over Torres.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, thabucks said:

One thing about Torres was he was good enough for Pep … he was only sold as it was Barca and he wanted to go back to Spain … 

And they received a stupid offer of £60m which was too good to turn down, and Barca subsequently haven't paid off :lol:

5 hours ago, Mazrim said:

Watkins was way off the pace today too tbf. Harsh to judge Archer when the whole intensity had dropped with all the changes. 

You can’t judge the players too harshly on performances, as most likely having two sessions a day plus friendly’s, they will be tired after 10 days in USA.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I believe Torres is a very good player and will see the best of him at the Villa.

We have to remember not all players are the same, some can take a knock to their confidence and just shrug it off, others not so much and affects their performance. 

I don’t think Pep put an arm around him at City, seems to have this sink or swim approach. Same at Barca.

He’ll get that arm around him with Unai.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, thabucks said:

One thing about Torres was he was good enough for Pep … he was only sold as it was Barca and he wanted to go back to Spain … 

Hasn't he said he doesn't want to leave Barcelona and doesn't want to leave Spain?

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

He never got consistent starts or minutes. Left on the bench a lot

• Like 1