Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, sne said:

Not really since anyone who says so want's him to be replaced with another midfielder. Be it Adams, Amrabat or someone else. Not really seen people saying get rid and don't replace.

But that logic could be laid at anyone in the squad, why not sell Luiz and replace him with better?

Dendoncker is a quality player to have as back up to Kamara, we will struggle to find a better player willing to be back up. 

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

How many minutes did he play in those 51 appearances?

The same amount of minutes that get reported next to appearances in most sources of information.

55 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

we need to recycle our financial assets at some point. 

As good as Donk is as backup, he’s not going to get better. let’s flip him for someone with potential. 

keeps FFP demons at bay and gives us a chance to improve the squad long term. 

That's nonsense flipping Donk would not help FFP one bit. From a FPP sense it would make more sense to flip Martinez, Luiz, Kamara, Ollie and especially McGinn all bought for a lot less than they are worth now.

I don’t actively want us to sell Dendoncker btw - poor choice of words on my part… I meant if he’s looking as per reports to leave for regular first team football he will need replacing. His versatility along with Chambers is invaluable if they wanna stay and compete. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Ugh… I feel sick

JWP isn’t fit to lace Dougie’s boots!

Take away his free kicks and he’s utterly underwhelming…

Vastly overrated? That’s JWP.

He's got absolutely zero pace as well.

1 minute ago, zab6359 said:

That's nonsense flipping Donk would not help FFP one bit. From a FPP sense it would make more sense to flip Martinez, Luiz, Kamara, Ollie and especially McGinn all bought for a lot less than they are worth now.

Ok we keep a player that’s not going to improve his ability or value. 

If we can get our money back, I rather that money invested in a player that could end up being better than Donk is now 

• Like 1

Don't agree with the Donk slander. He hasn't really done much wrong. Nothing particularly notable and exclusive to him.

We effectively need 1.5 to 2 first XIs for this season, playing in four competitions. Donk would be a good starter in the domestic cups, for instance.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Don't agree with the Donk slander. He hasn't really done much wrong. Nothing particularly notable and exclusive to him.

We effectively need 1.5 to 2 first XIs for this season, playing in four competitions. Donk would be a good starter in the domestic cups, for instance.

As long as it’s not against Stevenage 😉 

Right enough of the Donk chat! We need some speculation and need it now!

35 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

1. whats an outside back?, clearly know nothing about football (fyi - i know what one is......)

2. one of the best young fullbacks in the world?, playing in Liga 2?, a slight overstatement maybe.

To be fair, Levante only got relegated in the 2021-22 season, before relegation they had been in La Liga for 5 seasons in a row.  I have no idea if this player is the best young full back in the world, but I'm sure Emery and Monchi would be aware, so will trust their judgement if links are true.

• Like 1

Shame we are prohibited to sign then loan players to Vitória Guimarães as this kids looks like he could develop into a special player. 

Being linked to Milan so chances are he wouldn’t join anyhow… 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

As long as it’s not against Stevenage 😉 

Right enough of the Donk chat! We need some speculation and need it now!

Hate to say it but I think we are done 

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Some words from Professor Unai.

'We have to analyse everything and we have another minimum of 30 or 40 days to finish the transfer window and we are open to adding a few players and as well we are open to allowing some players to leave who are in the squad now. If we can improve, we have to do it and we have to have a lot of information about how the transfer could leave us something more and we are ready for it."

Are any transfer deals close?

"We can have the possibility of some players to leave, and of course, we have to be open if we can add some players really helping us in the squad to do it."

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, TRO said:

The same amount of minutes that get reported next to appearances in most sources of information.

If they're that widely available - post them instead of apps then! Apps doesn't hold much weight at all unless the player is playing close to the full 90 every game.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Quite possibly but I still think they will get another RB. Otherwise I think we would have given Young another year.

I think that those (me included) hoping for a new back up gk are going to be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Some words from Professor Unai.

'We have to analyse everything and we have another minimum of 30 or 40 days to finish the transfer window and we are open to adding a few players and as well we are open to allowing some players to leave who are in the squad now. If we can improve, we have to do it and we have to have a lot of information about how the transfer could leave us something more and we are ready for it."

Are any transfer deals close?

"We can have the possibility of some players to leave, and of course, we have to be open if we can add some players really helping us in the squad to do it."

So 50/50? 😆