Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

25 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa talking about Emery creating a small family. Everyone gonna be mad when he lines up at RB? Would not surprise me

Could that be deemed as inappropriate speak...in todays political correctness?

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Konsa talking about Emery creating a small family. Everyone gonna be mad when he lines up at RB? Would not surprise me

I've actually suggested this is where we could be heading mate.

Konsa and Cash as RBs.

I just wonder in this scenario, if Mings or Torres would be the LCB?

I'm pretty sure the two Left footer CB partnership chat has been done to death as well. Lol

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Konsa and Cash as RBs.

I'm pretty sure the two Left footer CB partnership chat has been done to death as well. Lol

I raised the 2 LCBs a lot but been mentioned on podcasts and here a lot. 2 RCBs no one looks twice. Left footers smaller in population. Sinistre in Latin. Evil or of the devil. My mum got whacked on the hand by the nuns for writing with left hand

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Konsa and Cash as RBs.

I would hazard a guess as Mings being the alpha male in the middle, with Torres to his left, and Carlos to his right, as the ball playing centre backs, with Konsa as RB..in a 3-5-2 or 4-4-2

but I could be wrong.

47 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Good point. Emery will probably set up with a very attacking LWB and a line of three RB/CB/CB. Cash/Konsa or perhaps Carlos will be tasked with a defensively orientated RB job. I don't think we will use a RWB this season. That's why a top quality right winger is so important to Emery's style of play.

Which is why I so heavily advocate signing Wan Bissaka.

Having said that if the system changes then sod knows what we need 

39 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll put it like this. I prefer a lot of our players that got 3rd in form table since Emery joined than some bullshit fantasy 11 of players we haven't even signed posted on here that excludes near half the current team

I understand what you are saying but we also need a squad that is capable of performing to a high level all season, with hopefully good runs in all cup competitions too. We don’t want an injury or burnout to ruin the season

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

Could that be deemed as inappropriate speak...in todays political correctness?

As a midget, I would ordinarily be offended by that but, considering that Unai said it, I am quite flattered to be spoken about by a man of such genius. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

Aarons is better going forward not better in defence......

As a side point currently our right back plays as a defensive right back.

Not in every game , I mean we’ve specifically set up with 2 attacking fullbacks in some games. Emery’s plans are not set in stone or rigid he will switch things up from time to time, people are keen to point out that Foyth was a defensive rb at Villarreal but forget that he was rotated with Serge Aurier.

• Thanks 1

Diabys last five matches 0 goals 0 assists 😕 he plays as a right forward/winger anyone that we are signing should have at least one of each in five games , not playing down signing him because last year I mentioned signing him more than anyone and a year later im picking everything apart and being fussy as we launch £35m bids 😂 i wouldnt pay more than £44m including add ons and i still want us to cover that opposite side of midfield with Gonçalves but my concern here is lack of height with some of these guys.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'll put it like this. I prefer a lot of our players that got 3rd in form table since Emery joined than some bullshit fantasy 11 of players we haven't even signed posted on here that excludes near half the current team

To be fair, you used to say this all the time when Smith and Gerrard were managers--and how Traore had these stats and someone else was amazing because of x, y and z.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

I'd imagine the club have informed the player and his agent to look for a new club as he is no longer required.

God, Alemany is such a genius.

After only watching YT vids and one game I'd now like Alex Scott to be the under study/competition for Ramsey/McGinn in wide areas. Kid looks ready made for PL. 

Question is though can Aaron Ramsey step up to do that job, got a little feeling either him or Philogene are going to have a breakthrough year with 1st team. 

Is Nico Gonzalez a DM?

If so, would be an excellent option to compete with Kamara.

If we can get that deal done our midfield would be one of the best in the league, especially considering the age profile of the majority of the players.