Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, Adman said:

What about Meslier?  Needs a break from the pressure of No1 imo and a good keeper and presumably wants to leave.  Not because Leeds have gone down, just because Leeds.

He is one of the main reasons they went down. Cost them a lot of points last season.

• Like 1

Just now, TheMightyVillans said:

He is one of the main reasons they went down. Cost them a lot of points last season.

Yes, that's why he'd be available and might be happy to not have the pressure of No1 slot.  Hes been very good previously and very young

• Like 1

So do we think we're in for both Diaby & Johnson ? Or do we think it's one or the other ? 

I don't think I'd be able to cope if we got both in 🤪 Johnson the quickest player in the Premier league & Diaby the quickest player in the Bundesliga & then Watkins leading the line 🤩😍 wow just wow 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Adman said:

Yes, that's why he'd be available and might be happy to not have the pressure of No1 slot.  Hes been very good previously and very young

With the right frame of mind he is a lot better than Olsen. But probably wouldn’t want to be a number 2.

If we get Diaby over the line, we've made 3 good signings and strengthened the squad well. We should be pretty happy with that 3 players who I'm sure will start our first game of the season at Newcastle

47 minutes ago, Adman said:

What about Meslier?  Needs a break from the pressure of No1 imo and a good keeper and presumably wants to leave.  Not because Leeds have gone down, just because Leeds.

Garbage keeper with the worst haircut in the prem. No thanks!

Need a young keeper with a high ceiling who sees the value in coming here to play in cup and ecl games whilst learning off Emi and Unai.

Ideally someone where a lot of the work has already been done but we can get them cheap and take them up a few levels.

In short, who's the baggies academy keeper?

• Haha 1

#avfc to continue talks with Bayer Leverkusen over Moussa Diaby, but price could be €50m+. Villa have also held initial discussions with #nffc over Brennan Johnson. Lucas Digne of interest to Forest, though wages an issue. Willian & Forest 50/50 at moment.

how-much-money-we-talkin-about-money.gif

state-cms-calculating-how-much-money-the

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Frodo said:

So do we think we're in for both Diaby & Johnson ? Or do we think it's one or the other ? 

I don't think I'd be able to cope if we got both in 🤪 Johnson the quickest player in the Premier league & Diaby the quickest player in the Bundesliga & then Watkins leading the line 🤩😍 wow just wow 

Wont be both we will fall foul of ffp. It will be one or the other. I think traore might be shipper off but think bailey will stay if diably signs

Still think David Soria was a good shout for a keeper. Believe he's still available on a free, has loads of top level experience and had some overlap with Emery at Sevilla previously. Only thing is I wonder if it'd make sense to use the back-up keeper as a way of getting another homegrown player in.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Still think David Soria was a good shout for a keeper. Believe he's still available on a free, has loads of top level experience and had some overlap with Emery at Sevilla previously. Only thing is I wonder if it'd make sense to use the back-up keeper as a way of getting another homegrown player in.

Take him and send Olsen the other way 🙏

25 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Not sure on what exactly entails a homegrown player, the specific criteria.

Also unclear on how many young British keepers excel at using their feet and passing from the back…

Random name - Gavin Bazunu?

Don’t have many suggestions of my own and likely to get the same reaction (why would a first choice GK or a player that wants to be first choice join us?), but good to throw some names/options out there…

We should have plenty of games to play and Emi won’t play them all, we need proper cover and to move Olsen on… we could bring in an actual and eventual successor to him too or go for the more veteran option. There are just seemingly not too many viable options out there that are good with their feet…

31 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Surely this is the guy? There were strong rumours he was off to Real Madrid and that it was a done deal, but a few weeks back it turned out ithe deal was off as Lunin decided to stay. Interesting point about the homegrown player though. This might be a position that's resolved later on in the window.