Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

We need more fire power, that’s my concern. Watkins might get 15 league goals but where’s the rest coming from? We need another two 10+ goals players on the pitch, plus a reliable back up for Watkins. 

I think Ramsey could be a 10+ goal a season player, Bailey should be. But we need squad depth with this ability which we are nowhere near.

• Like 2

Just now, thunderball said:

We need more fire power, that’s my concern. Watkins might get 15 league goals but where’s the rest coming from? We need another two 10+ goals players on the pitch, plus a reliable back up for Watkins. 

I think Ramsey could be a 10+ goal a season player, Bailey should be. But we need squad depth with this ability which we are nowhere near.

Don’t worry, we have Bertrand back, all will be golden. 

So Nathan Dawe (DJ and ambassador for Villa, if anyone is wondering wtf he is) has had some inside info in the past I believe, hinting at Bailey a couple of days before it was announced. 

Posted this last night:

Edited by MSvillain
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Watkins can get 20 in Emery's team I reckon. Need a wide forward and a 10 first. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’s a weird thing for him to post given he knows a LOT of people will see that. He also comes across as a top bloke and he’s a massive villa fan. I doubt he’d post that, knowing the reaction, if he hadn’t heard something. 

Yeah I agree, i just know how most people here feel about twitter itk!

19 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

So Nathan Dawe (DJ and ambassador for Villa, if anyone is wondering wtf he is) has had some inside info in the past I believe, hinting at Bailey a couple of days before it was announced. 

Posted this last night:

This was posted shortly before Nathan Dawe tweeted:

They both use the ‘cooking’ reference. So maybe Diaby is on the cards? 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Didn’t realise how close Bailey and Diaby are until this morning, maybe Bailey is our secret agent/weapon in this deal

'recreate this deadly duo'. 

Firstly, Bailey has never been deadly. Secondly, he'll come in and likely replace Bailey in the starting line up. Thirdly, that faithful guy is a complete tit. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

'recreate this deadly duo'. 

Firstly, Bailey has never been deadly. Secondly, he'll come in and likely replace Bailey in the starting line up. Thirdly, that faithful guy is a complete tit. 

Yeah yeah I know all that, I’ve been more interested this morning that they are really good friends which might help us getting Diaby.

12 minutes ago, DeadlyDirk said:

You watch now.... Birmingham Mail "Emery receives instruction to recreate deadly Bundesliga partnership" - followed by a canvassing of comments by fans on here and twitter about Diaby/Bailey. There you go random Mail reporter - done your job for you!!

and Gregg Evans although based on his current disdain for Villa will be “Emery receives instruction to recreate deadly Bundesliga partnership but internal arguing and many issues will mean it falls flat”

• Haha 2

Was happy to sit and watch the speculation for the last few weeks but we could do with bringing one or two more in soonish. We've been linked to so many players but mostly just paper talk it seems as nothing concrete has emerged.

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Diaby, Pino or Chiesa ?

You can only have one. 

Probably Diaby because I think we're crying out for pace.

Chiesa's injury is a huge red flag for me, albeit he's probably the best footballer of the three. 

• Like 1