Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

I feel like Gnonto would be a player that would really excite fans, he seems to have that ability to just take players on without fear.

Either Torres or Gnonto would be really good, prefer either of these two before Harvey Barnes

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Kind of makes me wonder who Unai is actually after and the level of those players… if he’s not really interested in bringing in players like this (at what seems like good value too) from former clubs… maybe his sights and ambitions are higher… exciting if so…

seems more like barnes or johnson

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Tyler Adams?

Maybe, I have no idea 😆 I don’t have a strong opinion, not seen much of him.

Maybe @paul514’s dream comes true and we finally get Koopmeiners 😆 

Whoever Unai wants! I’d like to see Kamara stay fit and largely be a mainstay of the team but Leander leaving would leave us short, at DM. I don’t want the likes of McGinn “filling in” too much, we need to progress and enhance our squad… and for players to be playing in their best positions…

Was never a fan of Dendoncker, even if he helped or was effective in certain games. Open to him leaving or staying. I found his style or body language annoying, however unfair/fair that seems… a limited player (not great on the ball or in the pass) but sound defensively and added that height and physicality we lack in general…

I’m all for improving the squad though rather than settling for less or having Unai working under any restrictions/limitations - he should get to shape and mould this squad as he sees fit. If he doesn’t rate or want a player, let him get rid and replace them with better, more suitable ones…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

I wouldn't bother with a Dendoncker replacement, Lamare Bogarde will be ready for that position next summer after a Championship loan, just make do with what we've got until then. Iroegbunam is box-to-box, but can also play as a 'six' in a double pivot, leave him a pathway into the first team as well.

I’m not on board with any “make do” attitude or approach tbh. We need to kick on and push forward… the stronger our squad is, the more we can achieve.

Just the way I feel and see it…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mazrim said:

I don't agree with you either but thats fine, just dont say I dont understand as thats a bit patronising.

Foyth is the only time he's done this (play a CB at RB) as far as I know, and Foyth is far more natural a right back than Konsa.

I'd also add we're a bit more fluid than who ever is RB defaulting to a RCB where in possession. Kamara dropped into a sweeper role when Young and Moreno went forward too.

Anyway, I don't want to labour the point. However we see the nuances, I think we need at least one natural right back.

I agree with you for what it's worth. I think people are over-simplifying the role by just saying that it doesn't matter if they're a CB because that's ostensibly the role they'll be playing. The below is Foyth's heat map for his last full season under Emery, he's still playing as a right back, albeit a more reserved one but he's not so far tucked in that he's playing as a CB. If it ends up happening and works then fair enough but I'm personally skeptical that Konsa being able to fill the role effectively for a team with Villa's aspirations is a no-brainer.

Screenshot_20230706_223753_Sofascore.jpg

• Like 2

We will be going big on right winger and a No.10.

It's not based on anything but I keep having this strange feeling we might go for Alex Scott, he would suit Emery team well as he's very versatile, can wide, central midfield, or as a DM, in our system would work well as a wide midfielder I think, the only real problems with it is that as a player he's kind of an hybrid of Iroegbunam and Aaron Ramsey, so signing him could be seen as potentially blocking their pathway, but if we see Iroegbunam as a central midfielder, Aaron as a winger/ten, and Scott as a wide midfielder, maybe there could be room for all three.

• Like 1

Why I think the right winger will be one of Nico Williams, Luiz Henrique, Brennan Johnson, or someone similar

Emery will have wanted Williams for a specific reason and purpose, if we can't get him then I think the altnernative will be someone that has a lot of the same qualities as Williams.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Im no Barnes fan but Gnonto is clearly the weaker of the 3. Has done nothing at Premier League level

I always feel like Gnonto brings a tonne of intensity and physicality but they often end up not leading to much. His work rate is amazing but that's not really something we lack.