Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I prefer Take-on Mee

My take on Mee. A piece of shite, who should never have been allowed on a football field again after that tackle on Wesley.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm going to be the one out of luck because YOU keep repeating yourself? 😂 

Right oh then...

giphy.gif

You said 

but I'd rather not see you consistently repeat yourself regarding Ferran Torres.

Well I’m not going to change and I’m likely to keep repeating myself so you’re out of luck hoping that you won’t have to see me repeating myself…

Surprised you found that hard to understand 😉

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why do people keep mentioning Felix. We don't have finances to pay anyone £250k a week like he'd even want to come. Totally overrated anyway

Emery himself mentioned in the Chelsea prematch press conference that we tried to sign Felix in January but he decided to go to Chelsea instead.

47 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is realistic speculation too much to ask for? It's not called the unrealistic wishlist thread

See above...  It's not unrealistic if Emery himself confirmed we tried to sign him last window...

Side note:  Are you alright, Kiwi?  Every day you're in here losing your mind going off on people for having an opinion you disagree with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Is realistic speculation too much to ask for? It's not called the unrealistic wishlist thread

Some people’s definition of ‘realistic’ is ‘confirmed by the Club’ … 

5 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Emery himself mentioned in the Chelsea prematch press conference that we tried to sign Felix in January but he decided to go to Chelsea instead.

See above...  It's not unrealistic if Emery himself confirmed we tried to sign him last window...

Side note:  Are you alright, Kiwi?  Every day you're in here losing your mind going off on people for having an opinion you disagree with.

@Kiwivillan I’m also a bit concerned for you mate, if it’s all really annoying you and getting to you, you need to take a break. Maybe just give yourself 48 hours off social media…?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Clearly not:

spacer.png

I don’t think Felix is realistic and to tbh I’m glad. Something don’t feel right about him. Record signing at Atletico and only impressed in bursts. Goes to Chelsea and doesn’t really impress again. In both instances the clubs will be blamed rather than the player. 

Has he every been that impressive for Portugal ?  

Clearly he’s a very talented player. I just get the feeling he thinks he is a lot better than he is due to Ateltico being robbed with the amount they spent on him and with him also getting rewarded with a massive salary before he had really earned it. 

Top player with many years ahead but definitely some bad Juju.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Thanks 1

Felix on loan would be doable if he wanted to come we'd only pay half his wages so £125,000  a week Madrid would pick up the rest, I'm sure Chelsea only paid £100,000 a week towards his wages. I know we haven't seen the best of Felix at Chelsea but there is a player in there, the way he glides round the pitch with ball glued to his feet at times 👌 Felix behind Watkins would be 😍 I'm sure Emery would get the best out of him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Frodo said:

Felix on loan would be doable if he wanted to come we'd only pay half his wages so £125,000  a week Madrid would pick up the rest, I'm sure Chelsea only paid £100,000 a week towards his wages. I know we haven't seen the best of Felix at Chelsea but there is a player in there, the way he glides round the pitch with ball glued to his feet at times 👌 Felix behind Watkins would be 😍 I'm sure Emery would get the best out of him.

He clearly a player and probably comparisons with Coutinho before he exploded at Liverpool are fair. 

Hes worth a punt at a value that suits us not what he may become. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

Hard to say about Almada. I believe he's good, but he only played for a weak side here (Velez) and then went directly to the MLS which is a shit league IMO. For a good price, I'd take a flyer on him (Transfermarkt has him at 20 quid, which is the limit I'd pay for him at this very moment). 

Although I've become a hardcore premier league fan in the last years, I'm here because of the legend that is Dibu. I adore the guy. Argentina with Messi was a shitshow until he arrived.

I love Bati, but I absolutely despise Verón, he really left a sour image here after his performance vs. England in 2002.

Thank you for the warm welcome! 😃

We love Dibu too but refer to him as Emi more often. Yeah, I honestly don’t think you guys would have had a chance without him - his personality, ability and sheer strength of will was a huge factor.

Question: is Dibu adored more than Messi? 😯 

I’ve always followed Argentina, so many star players. Was devastated when Ortega got sent off (head butted Van Der Sar) at France 98 WC, what a goal by Bergkamp though. Wanted you guys to win then too, so many great players down the years. Batigol was always one of my faves, absolutely unique. Crazy shot on him!

I remember Claudio Lopez and Crespo too.. a lot of players didn’t manage to shine for the national team as much as they did for their clubs. Aguero never hit the heights.. there was Saviola and Aimar too…

One of my favourite goals was Almeyda from far out for Lazio!

I wonder if Emi can persuade anyone in the current squad to join us 😆 Would love more Argentinians and South Americans to join…

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

It’s not calling the realistic speculation thread either. It’s just people speculating. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RicRic said:

Two out the following five for me and I’ll be happy ☺️… Ferran being the least preferred from the list.

Nico Williams
Pedro Goncãlves 
João Felix  
Yeremy Pino  
Ferran Torres

spacer.png

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Please be true.

I think we will both be pleased… I only want him gone if we’re bringing in someone better or more suitable though. We need proper cover or competition for Kamara (hope he can stay fit, avoid injuries). No more square pegs in round holes, no matter how well they performed on occasion.

• Like 1