Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

You have just proved my point,  thank you!

So he is the 3rd highest chance creator (almost as high as Jacob Ramsey), with a 4.12 xA (compared to Ramsey's 7.12 xA). The disparity between the high chances created, and low expected assists, means the chances he created weren't very good chances on the whole. This is because his xA would be considerably higher if chance quality was high.

This just proves that the quality of chances he creates isn't as good as JJ, Watkins and Bailey. Otherwise his xA would be considerably higher, as well as his actual assists! 

Buendia being some great creator is a MYTH!

You’re really growing on me, Philosopher. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Frodo said:

Peak/prime years 💁‍♂️ his best years ?  What would you say a footballers peak/prime years are ? 

Depends on position but usually 31/32 when players should start to decline

16 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So he is the 3rd highest chance creator (almost as high as Jacob Ramsey), with a 4.12 xA (compared to Ramsey's 7.12 xA). The disparity between the high chances created, and low expected assists, means the chances he created weren't very good chances on the whole. This is because his xA would be considerably higher if chance quality was high.

This just proves that the quality of chances he creates isn't as good as JJ, Watkins and Bailey. Otherwise his xA would be considerably higher, as well as his actual assists! 

B@ecause when he is playing he's normally giving the ball to the player for the final ball. Highest value passes are cut backs across the face of goal but typically are only generated by wide players and full backs. But they also require someone to lsy the ball off a lot of the time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

B@ecause when he is playing he's normally giving the ball to the player for the final ball. Highest value passes are cut backs across the face of goal but typically are only generated by wide players and full backs. But they also require someone to lsy the ball off a lot of the time. 

Might be worth pointing out that he usually played RW for Norwich and hasn’t regularly played in that position for us… but I think he can adapt. I expect much better next season, Unai will improve him.

41 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

No idea where you’re getting Ramsey at 7.12 xA or Buendia at 4.12 xA.

Buendia has the highest xA of anyone in the squad so I’m guessing you’ve just proven your own argument to be wrong? Good work!

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Lovely player, albeit similar to Ramsey. No chance coming to us, Forest paid £40m for him last yr then he had a good season. Looking £70m+ whilst i see us breaking our transfer record, I don’t see us spending that amount on him.

18 minutes ago, Rich192 said:

Where are we going to get updates from now that Musk has killed Twitter?

Hopefully just temporary but what an absurd and ridiculous situation.

All I can see is “Rate limit exceeded”. It’s been rendered useless. 

I hate it now anyway, full of shitty ads and irrelevant nonsense. It’s been a disaster, was fine before he took over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

Player about half the time for Spalletti, wide forward. Mid/late twenties I think so he's not a kid with potential. Played well in the Champions League though, even if his form was patchy, so that's a good sign. He's decent, if Emery thinks he can get a tune out of him then don't see why not.

Time to get him was when he was ripping it up at PSV but we were championship/just promoted so sort of signing that was beyond us. Always remember him scoring v Germany in 2018 World cup.

13 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Lovely player, albeit similar to Ramsey. No chance coming to us, Forest paid £40m for him last yr then he had a good season. Looking £70m+ whilst i see us breaking our transfer record, I don’t see us spending that amount on him.

Some players we're linked with and the price they would cost I think they play Ramsey role and they worse than him