Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

ROMANO

Bargain.

" Pau Torres won’t undergo medicals this week — after holidays he will travel to UK, now waiting for documents to be signed between Aston Villa & Villarreal. 🟣🔵 #AVFC

ℹ️ Understand the precise, final fee is €32.5m plus €5m add-ons. Bargain for new director Monchi. "

• Like 1

1 minute ago, macandally said:

I guess the difference is “I don’t think he is an Emery player” as opposed to “he is not an Emery player”

One is a view, the other a statement or fact.  

Fair enough, but maybe we don’t have to take each other so literally all the time. We could do with being a bit more relaxed and calm…

Text doesn’t always translate a person’s thoughts or opinions well or accurately. But sometimes “conviction of thought/opinion” can come across as a bit too strong, I don’t think it’s always the intent to rule out other people’s views…

Some opinions are based in some form of factual theory or evidence though. No one can say for sure, all we can do is speculate and theorise.

But, just for example, if we look at Unai and Monchi’s history, experience and knowledge… I think it’s fair to almost assume that they won’t be super restrictive in their transfer strategy or targets, they won’t be exclusively targetting PL or relegated players (that doesn’t rule any out Btw) when they also have a vast and wide knowledge, as well as scouting network, of  talent all over the world… I personally believe we will continue to find value and be shrewd rather than wasting funds on massive wages and fees for less effective options…

We will see though, but I’m delighted by the two signings we have already made… superb value and quality.

What I like about Torres is the ability to play anywhere across the frontline. 

A player like that (if not him) would be very useful indeed. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad one, I think we may target a new LB. 

Hear me out. Digne is a very capable, tidy footballer but he's also not the type of player to beat a man and hit the byline. You see just how dangerous we become with Moreno doing just that. Not only that, Digne is on £1029847208448560 a week, so it might be good to get him off the books as he isn't getting any younger.

With Moreno's injury, we may move Digne on, bring in another LB and then when Moreno comes back, those two can fight it out?

Capiche?

Sorry, but the bar has been raised in the last couple of hours for qualifying as a “mad one.”   You’ll have to do better.

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Think we need a rb more than a lb.

Also suprised about the lack of links for attacking players  we are desperately short of quality there.

Also need a striker to compete with ollie

This is a LB for the future. Also, Moreno got injured and we've no idea what state he'll be in for season start. Digne also old and not exactly an Emery LB.

We work quietly. And we've been linked with a host of attackers (Torres, Goncalves, Williams, Kang-In, Abraham), they all seem to be falling through but chances are we were only active in a couple of them anyway.

Quiet working applies also to any potential right back we're looking at. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Monchi if just going to make lazy signings like Barnes. Might as well just hire someone from VT

I'd be very concerned if we did. 

We might end up signing someone controversial with a allegations of criminal activity or something crazy.

Can you imagine how the forum might react to that?

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

if Barca are so willing to let him go and make a loss on him (signed for 55m?) … is he as good as many assume?

You have to remember they don't have a first rate Sporting Director like we do. They're stuck with some second rate plonker looking after their transfers.

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think Bailey or Buendia are going anywhere. We need depth and options and our players are going to be even better next season with time and coaching under Unai.

Plus, we’re not going to discard and make big losses on players we invested so heavily in, it doesn’t make sense…

Buendia can stay for squad options but cash in on bailey 

10 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Buendia can stay for squad options but cash in on bailey 

No one’s gonna offer us a reasonable enough fee and he has a lot more to offer…

it’s madness to make a loss on these players, they haven’t even been with us for long and especially not under Emery.