Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Total bullshine, but has had things right. 

but, to be honest, I just wanted to see everyone’s opinions on Olise in a villa system 

He's a lovely player, in the hypothetical world Villa signed him he'd be great in the right of midfield position that Bailey often occupies. Has to add more goals to his game next but otherwise has pretty much everything to his game you'd want of a player in his position.

£8 million for him was a steal, seemed such a no-brainer at the time too but has only looked even more the case since.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Look at the number of tweets regarding transfers.  It's obviously bullshit.

I'm amazed people continue to get excited about Twitter in transfer windows.

You do get the odd gem like dean smith's son's friend leaking our transfer list, the Leicester guy regarding tielemans and avtransfers, who used to do the villa medicals. But I agree, 95% of twitter rumours are the type of nonsense that makes Football Insider look credible! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

He's a lovely player, in the hypothetical world Villa signed him he'd be great in the right of midfield position that Bailey often occupies. Has to add more goals to his game next but otherwise has pretty much everything to his game you'd want of a player in his position.

£8 million for him was a steal, seemed such a no-brainer at the time too but has only looked even more the case since.

Another London boy who wanted to stay there isn't he?

Same as eze, Palace are all over that market and so they should be

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Percy saying Barnes is a target.

VillaTalk in ruins.

maybe we got our card stamped when we got Tielemans....."come back for Barnes and Maddison, for your discount" on 3.

They want their wages off the books surely.

Can Barnes play on the right?......could be explosive with the UE midas touch.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Another London boy who wanted to stay there isn't he?

Same as eze, Palace are all over that market and so they should be

Yeah I believe so, at least for that first "big" move. I just meant it seemed a no-brainer generally, not a specific criticism of Villa or anything. 

It's sort of a cagey transfer window so far, isn't it? Not just us, for everyone. I get the impression that nobody wants to sell until they have replacements lined up, but can't buy any replacements because of a combination of (1) everyone else has the same attitude and (2) some of the biggest names available have gone to Saudi Arabia (which has taken 2 players from Chelsea, the team most able to sell because they have such a surplus).

Players and management will also be on holiday at the end of a season and prior to pre-season.

It’s all a chess game though, lots of permutations on all sides of a deal. We are also in a weak position: we are after next level players but not convincingly quite at the next level our selves. They will wait until better options don’t transpire.

50 minutes ago, TRO said:

maybe we got our card stamped when we got Tielemans....."come back for Barnes and Maddison, for your discount" on 3.

They want their wages off the books surely.

Can Barnes play on the right?......could be explosive with the UE midas touch.

Tielemans was out of contract ... so we would not be talking about to Leicester about buying him, rather directly to him & agent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Tielemans was out of contract ... so we would not be talking about to Leicester about buying him, rather directly to him & agent. 

I agree but technically his contract doesn't expire until June 30th

• Like 1

There was lots of early deals last summer because quite a few Spanish clubs had to sell, which doesn't seem to be the case at all this summer, which is why it feels quieter. Also the very late Champions League Final didn't help, either.

It will all kick off early next week, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

JJ always has his number though. His cut backs are so readable

Strangely enough he reminds me of McGinn in terms of his crossing but without the tenacity. I think you can bully him a bit.