Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

3 hours ago, pete101 said:

I've only seen him play for Italy and always looked incredible, his stats are not amazing last season. Is he a Jack Grealish type player ? by that I mean , his stats always looked underwhelming and you needed to see him week in week out to realise just how good he is .

He had a couple of bad injuries which is a bit of a worry but he makes things happen and is very direct which defenders dont like. Since he joined Juventus he has played 65 league games and has 28 goals and assists in a Juventus team that have gone downhill

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m probably missing someone really obvious right now but who’s the last Italian player to do really well in England ?

Be interesting to see how Tonali does and Chiesa if he comes to the league. 

Jorginho is really the only one I can think of in recent times

6 hours ago, pintpotvilla said:

but in reality have absolutely no substance to them regarding the supposed interested clubs. As far as Villa are concerned Matt said that they play their cards very close and any rumours certainly do not come from them. He said that the only reporter who has any real close ties to the club is John Percy and if he reports something then it most probably has legs.

Unless there is/was someone with in the club that might spill a thing or two?       :suspect:

5 hours ago, Xela said:

The transfer window game has become a monster in recent years. I hate it. 

I have to agree with you, it was a time to look forward too many years ago, but these days it's just a f***** nightmare.

• Like 1

Sooooo. What are peoples thoughts on the summer so far? I’m fairly certain in previous seasons we’d have signed someone by now by spending actual money… I’ve mentioned in recent posts that I reckon Emery is going to be frustrated this window, much like he (and we) were in January. I hope that isn’t the case because I’m not sure it will go down well with him… 

Edited by Tayls

47 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m probably missing someone really obvious right now but who’s the last Italian player to do really well in England ?

Be interesting to see how Tonali does and Chiesa if he comes to the league. 

Ogbonna has been pretty good for West Ham, Jorginho has been decent as well

Gary Neville would say Gnonto was the best ever

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sooooo. What are peoples thoughts on the summer so far? I’m fairly certain in previous seasons we’d have signed someone by now by spending actual money… I’ve mentioned in recent posts that I reckon Emery is going to be frustrated this window, much he (and we) were in January. I hope that isn’t the case because I’m not sure it will go down well with him… 

Early days but we will need to get moving soon...

I think this is why Monchi has been acquired, to support Emery.

Hopefully that will be a fruitful partnership.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the one from FC Cincinnati that signed for Udinese?

Oops, spelt his surname wrong, it’s actually Brunner and he’s a Dortmund U19 striker

3 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sooooo. What are peoples thoughts on the summer so far? I’m fairly certain in previous seasons we’d have signed someone by now by spending actual money… I’ve mentioned in recent posts that I reckon Emery is going to be frustrated this window, much he (and we) were in January. I hope that isn’t the case because I’m not sure it will go down well with him… 

Too early to judge. The European window hasn’t opened yet and that is where we will mostly shop. Also I think the Rice sale will have a domino effect of a few moves.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Relative to all the other teams Tielemans in says we've done good business so far

https://www.premierleague.com/transfers

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Relative to all the other teams Tielemans in says we've done good business so far

https://www.premierleague.com/transfers

Yeah, looking at every other teams signings so far the only decent player that we haven’t signed is MacAllister to Liverpool.

I think patience is going to be required this summer, as top players are going to be harder to prise away from their clubs without overpaying. Monchi hasn’t even started his role with us yet, so I am not sure what people are expecting right now.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tayls said:

It's certainly got off to a bit of a slow start, but then the window only opened last week or so and not much has happened with anyone else in the league thus far either.

We are operating differently now though, so it's possible we will be sitting tight and playing a waiting game on a few of our targets?

Window closes on Sept 1st, so we have a long way to go.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Were you the one that suggested Emery would leave if he didn’t get his way in transfer windows?

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Were you the one that suggested Emery would leave if he didn’t get his way in transfer windows?

God no. Only peasants would suggest such a thing. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Tayls normally expects us to be relegated to be fair, he's incredibly positive so far this summer by his usual standards.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Sooooo. What are peoples thoughts on the summer so far? I’m fairly certain in previous seasons we’d have signed someone by now by spending actual money… I’ve mentioned in recent posts that I reckon Emery is going to be frustrated this window, much like he (and we) were in January. I hope that isn’t the case because I’m not sure it will go down well with him… 

spacer.png