Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think your position is largely supported by how these things typically play out, but in MY opinion, you'd be a fool to dismiss a player outright based on this criteria. 

It took me all of a few seconds to think of a really good South American player who didn't move to a top European league until his late 20's (Martin Palermo). I'm sure there are plenty of others over the years.

I get what you're saying, but I just don't agree with the reflexive application of your prejudice.

I have never heard of this player 😂 but i did look him up villareal im guessing?…. Yeah your gonna have to be absolutely spot on with the scouting process but its too much of a risk, but again remember the direction we are heading in and we want to be signing players with a higher ceiling too. 

19 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I respect this and like i say its rare but can be done but preferably wouldn’t take the risk, last point spot on 👏🏽 

@macandally  @gaz90see pointers for how you should probably  respond

Thanks for tagging me in that

Edited by gaz90

9 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

but in reality have absolutely no substance to them regarding the supposed interested clubs. As far as Villa are concerned Matt said that they play their cards very close and any rumours certainly do not come from them. He said that the only reporter who has any real close ties to the club is John Percy and if he reports something then it most probably has legs.

I think now, there's only two reporters/journalists that have extreme credibility when it comes to transfers (specifically Villa); John Percy & David Ornstein. I know under the Purslow regime, we did not leak from our end almost ever, and that is why most of the transfers we got done had links that started with the club we were buying from. 

24 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I was talking to Matt Kendrick last year at a Cornwall Lions do in Camborne. I asked him about transfer rumours, how they get about and who in the press world can be trusted regarding solid information.

He told me most of the rumours are borne from Agents pushing for transfers or new deals for their clients or Clubs who want rid of surplus players. These turn into headlines on Social media or newspapers

but in reality have absolutely no substance to them regarding the supposed interested clubs. As far as Villa are concerned Matt said that they play their cards very close and any rumours certainly do not come from them. He said that the only reporter who has any real close ties to the club is John Percy and if he reports something then it most probably has legs.

And he doesn't chime in until the deal looks almost done IIRC - probably why he has a good relationship with the club still and something he'd want to maintain. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lexicon said:

And he doesn't chime in until the deal looks almost done IIRC - probably why he has a good relationship with the club still and something he'd want to maintain. 

Which is also exactly why it gets frustrating when posters shoot any link down in the speculation thread until Percy has commented on it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

I didn’t feel anything more would be required other than what I stated, to me it pretty much speaks for itself.

You gave zero context. Stating facts, but with zero validation or rationale for your opinion. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7392craig said:

This place is crazy atm.

The transfer window game has become a monster in recent years. I hate it. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

You gave zero context. Stating facts, but with zero validation or rationale for your opinion. 

I said 26 yr old that hasn’t left brazil yet doesn’t seem promising what bloody more do you lot want 

3 minutes ago, 7392craig said:

Completely agree. I miss the teletext transfer gossip.

Aah… the good old days. Crazy that there were no windows and players could transfer at any time! No frees/Bosmans either.

I don’t get why so many get so temperamental and moody nowadays, we should all be positive and excited but… it’s really weird 😆

• Thanks 1

That’s more like it, would have no issues with that deal. He is class.

Don’t really believe in the Meunier link and he doesn’t appear to be what we need, seems to have some key deficiencies in that area too. Not the kind of RB I would think we need…

But, whoever Unai wants he should get. No one has a clue who he does want though 😆

Speculation and BS galore, barely a credible link or source. It is what it is.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Another slice of bullshit pie:

Why do we keep getting linked to defenders or CBs? And for massive fees?

More attackers please 😆

Change that to Brenner (Paris) and yes please