Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

7 minutes ago, KMitch said:

God, I hope this isn't true...  Adams is a Championship level player and I say this as an American who has seen a lot of him.  Good character/leadership ability, but isn't that good of a footballer.  

Interesting to see the Sevilla link, wonder with Monchi,  will we see us linked to a lot of players Sevilla are linked with 

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

Four seems high. Reckon we will get one more, two at a push. Hopefully someone who can play out wide, and maybe someone who can play RB/CB if needed. 

I actually think it will be a relatively quiet window for all teams, except Chelsea and Newcastle, because they are rediculous. Arsenal have been busy but I get the impression they think they are  close to winning the league and competing properly. The newcomers might need to invest a bit but might find it tough.. 

There is next to no chance we can have a competitive season in four competitions just getting in two more players. One simply has to be a front player but even then if it's more of a central attacker that leaves us short on genuine wideman as say a Plan B option.

Also leaves us with three CBs and if Cash is injured we'd have to move perhaps Konsa to RB given we've lost Young who can cover both sides no bother.

Just asking some kids who've come back from loans to championship bottom half teams to plug the gaps is where we've gone wrong in the past and expecting too much of them too soon.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, KMitch said:

God, I hope this isn't true...  Adams is a Championship level player and I say this as an American who has seen a lot of him.  Good character/leadership ability, but isn't that good of a footballer.  

Doubt we are in for him, another lazy link 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Hopefully this is BS.

I'd like to see us upgrading on what we already have instead of just adding bodies to the squad.

1 hour ago, WHY said:

I wouldn’t describe Manchester and certainly not Newcastle as desirable locations. They might go for money yes but let’s not pretend they are desirable. 

Newcastle definitely not but Manchester have established themselves as a city with upscale establishments and lively atmosphere spread throughout.

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

Source: 

.... doesn't reference source. These are all a load of shit. People should stop posting every loose link

Why? It’s the transfer speculation thread. Please stop telling everyone what they should/shouldn’t post. If you don’t like speculation, don’t read it. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Awol said:

Why? It’s the transfer speculation thread. Please stop telling everyone what they should/shouldn’t post. If you don’t like speculation, don’t read it. 

I'm entitled to give my opinion about shit links. How many times are you going to tell me what I can post?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tayls said:

Four seems high. Reckon we will get one more, two at a push. Hopefully someone who can play out wide, and maybe someone who can play RB/CB if needed. 

I actually think it will be a relatively quiet window for all teams, except Chelsea and Newcastle, because they are rediculous. Arsenal have been busy but I get the impression they think they are  close to winning the league and competing properly. The newcomers might need to invest a bit but might find it tough.. 

I want at LEAST 5

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm entitled to give my opinion about shit links. How many times are you going to tell me what I can post?

You’ve got that arse about face. By all means, dump on any and every link to the global supply of professional footballers, just stop telling other people what they should or shouldn’t post in a speculation thread. It’s really f**king tedious.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

I don't think he is what we should be looking for but he is a premier league player.

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

You’ve got that arse about face. By all means, dump on any and every link to the global supply of professional footballers, just stop telling other people what they should or shouldn’t post in a speculation thread. It’s really f**king tedious.

Well this is ironic. I think you should take the advice of original fake rumour book and turn the other cheek

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Well this is ironic. I think you should take the advice of original fake rumour book and turn the other cheek

He's right though. This thread is literally for all of the shit links.

Its only when something becomes credible that it should get its own thread. Its a bit weird to come into the one place that is designed for what you hate and then be annoyed it's in here.

Also, I'd suggest less than 0.1% of real transfer news has ever disclosed their source since the Prem started. Saying "they don't reference their source" as if it means anything is crazy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, paul514 said:

I don't think he is what we should be looking for but he is a premier league player.

I think Adams is a decent player to be fair. Leeds went to shit when he was out injured. 

I've also just read Brighton are looking at him and their recruitment over the last few seasons has been unreal, so if the price wasn't ridiculous, as depth for Midfield cover, we could do a lot worse. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Source: 

.... doesn't reference source. These are all a load of shit. People should stop posting every loose link

We have a list of blacklisted sources for a reason.  This wasn't on it, so I posted it to generate some conversation, and I'll continue to do so with any other link I find not on the blacklist.  

If you don't like it, you can fook off.  If you want solid links, keep refreshing Percy's/Ornstein's Twitter account because anything other than those is pure BS.  

Just now, KMitch said:

We have a list of blacklisted sources for a reason.  This wasn't on it, so I posted it to generate some conversation, and I'll continue to do so with any other link I find not on the blacklist.  

If you don't like it, you can fook off.  If you want solid links, keep refreshing Percy's/Ornstein's Twitter account because anything other than those is pure BS.  

Also, the blacklist is only for starting new player specific threads. The speculation thread is to include anything and everything

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will be looking at 5 to 10 players for each position we need to fill, plus the club will look for opportunity deals if affordable. All those players will be enquired about, to sound out their status. Doesn’t mean we are buying 100 players and each one that doesn’t happen is evidence of BS.

Things get out, either intentionally (Agents), or unintentionally (sister in law/Dean Smiths sons mate etc). Historically there are plenty of nuggets out there that have come to bear to prove unofficial sources do have some ITK. I would suggest there is a lot of smoke without fire and a lot of bullshit. But not every tenuous link is BS. But none of this matters, it’s speculation and light relief and even humorous. We say all this every window, why does every one get uptight, it’s like ground hog day every window.

Villa gonna have to shift a lot of squad players this summer so wouldn’t be surprised if we have to wait towards the end of the transfer window for some signings. Off the top of my head:-

Returning from loan

Kieran Davis 
Kourtney Hause
Wesley
Sanson
Nakamba (guess Luton will come in for him)

Most likely going to be surplus to requirements

Robin Olsen
Calum Chambers
Traore

Feel like it’s going to be a struggle to shift some of these off the wage bill. 

5 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

In Big Brother Voice 

“Day 13 of The Transfer window and it’s getting tetchy in the VT Transfer Speculation Thread…..”

Kiwi (not the fruit) - “I wish these Barstards would stop Posting these Barstard Links bloody kin Barstards” 

AWOL - “I don’t understand why he keeps shitting on every link “

Kmitch - “kiwi can fook off “ 

Jamaican Villain is dressed like an Eskimo “Qatars nice and warm 40degrees is what I’m used to “ he says in his thick brummie accent. It’s 35 degrees C btw. 

Delphinio is asleep he only wakes up on Wednesday…..

When do we get to vote people out? 😁

• Haha 2