Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

He was fit for 8 games under Emery.

He came off the bench in 7 of them, started 1 of them and was on the bench as an unused sub in the other.

Fit and fully fit mean two different things. 

Match fit to play 10/20 mins and match fit for 60/70 mins are different 

17 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Fit and fully fit mean two different things. 

Match fit to play 10/20 mins and match fit for 60/70 mins are different 

That's fine. However, I still remain of the opinion he will offer us very little as he is finished at this level.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's fine. However, I still remain of the opinion he will offer us very little as he is finished at this level.

My post was about trying to be optimistic because we have only heard about players turning us down so far this window other than Tielemans. 

So hoping Coutinho can stay fit and hoping Emery can get the best out of him like he has so many other players

2 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

My post was about trying to be optimistic because we have only heard about players turning us down so far this window other than Tielemans. 

So hoping Coutinho can stay fit and hoping Emery can get the best out of him like he has so many other players

I get that mate and it's been frustrating for some thus far.

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

I'd settle for an outgoing at this point. Naka to Luton or something. Sanson to Strasbourg

Hopefully when we near the end of the month the Spanish teams need to agree deals before their La Liga financial window for the year shuts. Maybe we can get a deal done then for someone. Anyone

Positive thoughts.

1) Kamara only started half of the PL games under Emery and half the games last season due to injury. Having him fit for a season will improve us.

2) Diego Carlos is back and hopefully fully fit to compete with Konsa/Mings

3) Coutinho wasn't fully fit for more than 2 games under Emery but he looked very good in those. We can be hopeful Emery can get the best out of him

4) Archer is back after a strong loan spell and Duran will hopefully improve after settling in more and a full preseason

I would love some outgoings!

if we suddenly sold the half a dozen players we need to it balances things up for us.

If we got Arda and Felix we’d be one of the best technical teams in the league. We might only lack a bit of pace, which would make sense with Ramzani links. With Arda we might have got our new Jack Grealish, but ofcourse it will be very hard one to do. Felix is more realistic with the fact that no clubs are able to afford him and not many interests. I don’t think he’d fine a better club than us in the fact the he fits our system. 

28 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I would love some outgoings!

if we suddenly sold the half a dozen players we need to it balances things up for us.

Thought Luton would’ve quickly sorted a permanent deal for Marv, he found a home there and the fans seemed to love him.

Watford failed to get promoted so there’s no obligation for them to buy Davis, hopefully there’s some interest from Championship clubs…

West Ham stayed up so we’ll get a couple of extra mil on the Ings deal.

Can’t see anyone taking a punt on Hause and he’s been having injury troubles.

Strasbourg don’t have the finances to sign Sanson, they only got Guilbert cos he was free, out of contract. I think we would need to find a better suitor but apparently he impressed in France so there may be interest… but which clubs will be willing and able to pay his wages?

This is the problem though, we all too often overpay on wages for players then it’s that much harder to shift them because foreign clubs simply can’t afford to pay them as much.

Difficult to see a taker for Wesley too, Levante won’t be able to afford much and he hasn’t exactly been on fire there… a small fee and heavy reduction on wages is the only hope…

Traore’s contract is running down so it’d be good to get a fee for him but I can’t see much interest and, again, who is going to pay his wages?

Coutinho will he really hard to move on, big wages and injury prone. Only real hope is a Saudi club looking for a “name” signing really…

I’m sick of these loans, but what choice do we have? We still have to pay the majority of their earnings (sick of writing wages 🤣) and the player is so unlikely to get a permanent move. Just shows up how poor our recruitment has been. We have to be a lot better in this regard.

All too often, we’re just waiting for contracts to run down so we can let these players go.

Can’t see us making much money at all on them either, it’s just a case of getting them off the books really and putting our finances to better use…

In terms of transfer business, this is going to be the most difficult area/aspect…

We have overpaid on a lot of dross… need to have more intelligence and nous in the market.

I believe we will but it’s hard to shed the mistakes of the past.

Edited by Jas10

45 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Players turning us down this window is as bullshit as most of the +70 transfer links since January

Monchi has just come in. We'll probably sign players not even ITK "linked" with. People need to chill the **** out

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Kamara was even worse and at fault for multiple goals against Leicester. 

Kamara was one of our best players last season and has credit in the bank. Coutinho was mainly poor and one of our worst players

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

but how many have really turned us down?.....or is it just agent talk.

We don't know if we have made serious offers or just tentative enquiries.

Its a benefit to them, if they can claim they have turned Villa down to boost their players stock.....I am not so sure, those claims are bonafide.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Players turning us down this window is as bullshit as most of the +70 transfer links since January

Monchi has just come in. We'll probably sign players not even ITK "linked" with. People need to chill the **** out

Whilst he is probably "working" in the background, Villa said he starts in July when they announced him so in theory he hasn't even come in yet. I wouldn't be surprised if there is no further signings by the time they come back for pre-season especially if they are targeting ambitious players and them deals can take ages.

Villa signed Kamara and Carlos early last year and apart from making Olsen permanent and loaning a back-up left back, the club didn't make any more signings for like 2 months and even then it was for 2 squad players and one got sent back in January. 

People haven't learnt from the January window, Emery is not going to sign players for the sake of it. It is going to be quality over quantity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2