Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As @TRO alluded to yesterday, it's about getting the best players you can, at the best price possible, not just chucking money around carelessly.

Just seen that Newcastle are in for Sandro Tonali at 45 mill.  Mental.

They really are doing business the right way.

That's if they get him, he won't go that cheap.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not discrediting or substantiating the conspiracies re Chelsea and Saudi.

However, I don't think it needs to be sinister.

Chelsea spunked money on a tonne of players, and now have a load of high quality dead wood to get rid of.

The Saudi League have alot of money, and want players of a certain quality to improve their league, Chelsea have loads.

Scenes when god tells Carney " Pogba Junior " Chukwuemeka that he sees him in Riyadh.

This is what's fuelling a lot of the criticism with Chelsea's sales:

• Like 1

At least PSG have finally learned to put for them favorable buy back clauses in the contracts for the young players they discard. What a fantastic, mainly homegrown team they could have had instead of the current galacticos mercenaries flop.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, duke313 said:

That's if they get him, he won't go that cheap.

Tonali is a Milan fan. I’d be utterly shocked if he left. Especially at that low price, especially when you consider what the Spam want for Rice. 

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

Sonali is a Milan fan. I’d be utterly shocked if he left. Especially at that low price, especially when you consider what the Spam want for Rice. 

They might be in for him and he could well go, but it won't be for £45m.

If he is available for that price, there will be bigger clubs than Newcastle in for him.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Unais probably taking a well earned holiday. Patience

Im ok waiting not going to speed up the season starting

I think he'll be like David Goggins where he counts showers and meal times as mini-holidays

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Surely a couple of weeks for Monchi and Unai to settle things before we see movement?

Relieve the constipation in here

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Surely a couple of weeks for Monchi and Unai to settle things before we see movement?

I thought certain EU clubs had to sell before June 30th for FFP purposes so i thought we may see some signings due to that...

45 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Madness the buyback price is for PSG 

Fab is on the PSG pay roll surely. No club would take such a risk. No matter how could he is. The fee is a glorified loan whatever they try to spin it as 

12 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Tonali is a Milan fan. I’d be utterly shocked if he left. Especially at that low price, especially when you consider what the Spam want for Rice. 

Pretty sure he rejected the likes of United and Barca when he was at Brescia as he solely wanted to go to Milan. Would be odd if he left for Newcastle after not even 100 league games.

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Great player like a cross between Gattuso and Pirlo, hard to imagine him leaving but stranger things have happened. Only Italian articles I've seen about it say the British press say Newcastle have made an offer but that it's unbelievable that Milan would sell or that he'd want to go.

Calabria is another great talent in that team but equally (up to now at least) dyed in the wool Milan.

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Great player like a cross between Gattuso and Pirlo, hard to imagine him leaving but stranger things have happened. Only Italian articles I've seen about it say the British press say Newcastle have made an offer but that it's unbelievable that Milan would sell or that he'd want to go.

Calabria is another great talent in that team but equally (up to now at least) dyed in the wool Milan.

Would be hilarious if he was using the Saudi's to get a better contract at Milan 🤣

• Like 1

July 15th for the Walsall friendly, with pre-season training presumably starting on 10th July at the very latest (Unai seems the type of manager that will want to be working with players a lot in pre-season on tactical and technical stuff, so it could well be as early as 3rd July).

You'd expect then for the manager to want at least some of his new players available for him to begin to work his magic on by 10th July - that's only 19 days away - and it could be as soon as 12 days away.

I think we can expect a pretty interesting couple of weeks.