Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

I would be very dubious in my pursuits of Joao Felix.

The reasons are as follows....if its to be believed that he only wants clubs who can offer Champions League Football.

• So he wants other players to have achieved qualification, so he can walk in to the squad......Doesn't strike me as a sound character...wants his cake and eat it.
  • He has a scoring rate of 3.44.....hardly a rate that would dictate such lofty destinations, considering he is a forward.
  • The fact he cannot identify a club with ambition like AVFC and an Elite manager, suggests to me he just wants glory on a plate....players need to work hard for glory.
  • It doesn't sound like Athletico want him and his Loan club Chelsea are not pursuing him.....seems like he has his leverage misplaced.

I don't even know, if we are remotely interested him, but if we was a greatly reduced fee, is what I would be looking at.

His talent, maybe obvious, his character is most certainly not to me.

Massive red flag

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

It does beg the question as to why we have part ownership in a club when we can't pick off their best players. I know that it helps with permits for South American/African players, but those players may then choose not to come to us if they get a better offer. I'm sure Victoria's scouting department isn't anywhere as a sophicated as ours either,so where is the benefit?! 

Maybe the ownership of Vitoria is not for the benefit of Aston Villa?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TRO said:

The reasons are as follows....if its to be believed that he only wants clubs who can offer Champions League Football.

1) So he wants other players to have achieved qualification, so he can walk in to the squad......Doesn't strike me as a sound character...wants his cake and eat it.

2) He has a scoring rate of 3.44.....hardly a rate that would dictate such lofty destinations, considering he is a forward.

3) The fact he cannot identify a club with ambition like AVFC and an Elite manager, suggests to me he just wants glory on a plate....players need to work hard for glory.

4) It doesn't sound like Athletico want him and his Loan club Chelsea are not pursuing him.....seems like he has his leverage misplaced.

I don't even know, if we are remotely interested him, but if we was a greatly reduced fee, is what I would be looking at.

I've numbered your points so easy response

1) His current club are in the CL and have qualified for it every season he's been there. Same goes for his previous club. So he's always qualified for CL with his permanent clubs. Wanting to move to another club in CL doesn't say anything about his character.

2) His stats per 90 on FBref show he's a high quality player in his creative and goal scoring output. It's clear he's a quality player and if Emery wanted him I'm sure he would get the best out of him in our system.

3) Like all players they assess their options and often making decisions comes later in the window. Both in terms of the player and his club in accepting offers.

4) He doesn't fit into their current system, just because a club want to move a player on doesn't mean they are a bad player. Often they don't fit the system

3) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, thabucks said:

Is it wrong I wished that a player had just fully pelted the ball into this misinformed clearings in the woods crouch / face  … then he’d really would have no future, offspring or sex life … 

It is not wrong it is what 85% of people would love to happen

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

• So he wants other players to have achieved qualification, so he can walk in to the squad......Doesn't strike me as a sound character...wants his cake and eat it.
  • He has a scoring rate of 3.44.....hardly a rate that would dictate such lofty destinations, considering he is a forward.
  • The fact he cannot identify a club with ambition like AVFC and an Elite manager, suggests to me he just wants glory on a plate....players need to work hard for glory.
  • It doesn't sound like Athletico want him and his Loan club Chelsea are not pursuing him.....seems like he has his leverage misplaced.

Don’t worry, he’s just not as keen on us either as you are to him…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Are we the feeder team 😉

They’re more likely to get Champions League football to be fair. 

But on a serious notes the owners might just be looking for success in the respective leagues. Bit arrogant for fans to think the sole purpose of buying other clubs is for the benefit of Villa. 

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Don’t worry, he’s just not as keen on us either as you are to him…

Funny the team he joined finished 12th 😂 and im glad he was part of that squad (quality player btw) but that surely humbled him choosing a side that finished 6/7 places below us… would definitely buy him for 45m if offered the chance however.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RicRic said:

Funny the team he joined finished 12th 😂 and im glad he was part of that squad (quality player btw) but that surely humbled him choosing a side that finished 6/7 places below us… would definitely buy him for 45m if offered the chance however.

I’d love him here, think he would be brilliant.

5 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

NSWE do not leak information about transfers. 

This has been repeated a lot, and I agree, NSWE don't leak transfers. It's agents, players friends, family, players themselves, selling clubs, etc.

And I think we leak out as much as the next club. You hear more about Man U or Liverpool transfers simply because more people are interested in them and it retweets more. 

But I don't think we are more secretive than other clubs. The only 2 players that came out of the blue that I remember where Wesley and Ings. 

Other than that, there have been links for at least a few days before each move. Just look at Tielemans. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

This has been repeated a lot, and I agree, NSWE don't leak transfers. It's agents, players friends, family, players themselves, selling clubs, etc.

And I think we leak out as much as the next club. You hear more about Man U or Liverpool transfers simply because more people are interested in them and it retweets more. 

But I don't think we are more secretive than other clubs. The only 2 players that came out of the blue that I remember where Wesley and Ings. 

Other than that, there have been links for at least a few days before each move. Just look at Tielemans. 

Last 2 signings that were surprises was probably Ings and Dendoncker. Rest had been speculated about even if briefly

1 minute ago, Adman said:

And the grealish one went under the radar too

It really didn't, we just chose to ignore it and write it off.

Was reported for months that he had basically " agreed " to go to Man City.

By the likes of TalkSport and even Football Insider before them,!

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It really didn't, we just chose to ignore it and write it off.

Was reported for months that he had basically " agreed " to go to Man City.

By the likes of TalkSport and even Football Insider before them,!

I did a joke

• Haha 1

It was always going to be difficult for us to get our top targets this summer. We will have to be patient. For once though, I totally trust us to make good decisions and if that means we wait, then that’s exactly what we should do.