Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

32 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We did.

It got spanked on Bailey, Ings and Buendia IIRC.

Sure I remember reading that Brentford game when we one 4-0 was first game they all started together. Not sure if they played too many more before Ings left? 

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not sure about that.

I'm pretty sure we had a transfer budget before the sale of Jack, and I'm sure this was noted ot mentioned in reports at the time as well.

This is correct, Grealish money was going to be given to Gerrard. Fortunately they didn't trust him with it.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Aston Villa: £-259.84m
23/24: ??? 
22/23: £-39.44m (7th)
21/22: £-2.39m (14th)
20/21: £-84.25m (11th)
19/20: £-133.76m (17th)
… Just over £40mill past two seasons 

This is closer to reality. Also don't forget ask that the grealish and chukwumeka money goes in the accounts immediately in full (plus any net sales) , while the total money spent on players is spread evenly year on year across the life of each player contract. 

5 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Be good to see how Yeremy Pino performs tonight… Same age and position as Williams and Emery knows him well. Cheeky double deal with Pau Torres 

Show of faith in the lad that he’s starting for Spain. I wonder if we’re interested? One things for sure, Villareal are clearly a well run club. They’ve got a plethora of good young players - Baena, Chukwueze, Jackson, Pino. Throw that in with some more experience players like Lo Celso, Torres and Foyth and you can see why they do well. 

Maybe someone who watches them more could tell me who the best of the bunch is!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Show of faith in the lad that he’s starting for Spain. I wonder if we’re interested? One things for sure, Villareal are clearly a well run club. They’ve got a plethora of good young players - Baena, Chukwueze, Jackson, Pino. Throw that in with some more experience players like Lo Celso, Torres and Foyth and you can see why they do well. 

Maybe someone who watches them more could tell me who the best of the bunch is!

Easily Pino. 20 years old and already 10 caps for Spain. He’s got a very bright future.

35 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Yes do you?

I most certainly do, I check with our resident accountants just the other day who said we have 85m of the ffp limit left. Amortise that over 5 years it’s 425m

2 hours ago, markc said:

Does anything stop them from that. Because, if that's allowed what the stops the Saudi's buying someone like Matt Target or any other Newcastle player/s for stupid way over the top transfer fees just to boost Newcastle's FFP.

You could ask the same question about V-Sports. 

I suspect that there are no official rules at the moment - however, if the PL suspected that it was being done for improper reasons then I assume that the trade could be flagged and treated under existing international fraud / money laundering laws?  It might be a tough one to prove (as player values can fluctuate quite wildly due to form / injury / etc).  The worry is that a club tries it and as a result UEFA or FIFA look to ban multiple ownerships - which would stuff us from a V-Sports perspective.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

This is closer to reality. Also don't forget ask that the grealish and chukwumeka money goes in the accounts immediately in full (plus any net sales) , while the total money spent on players is spread evenly year on year across the life of each player contract. 

Indeed real losses aren’t FFP losses, we are lucky our owners are so generous.

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Okay, so you don’t have any idea what we can and can’t spend this summer. I just wanted to confirm that was the case and you weren’t working from any factual / informed position. Cheers. 

Check back in when we haven't spent £200m on players at the end of August. It's not fifa or football manager. It won't happen.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Check back in when we haven't spent £200m on players at the end of August. It's not fifa or football manager. It won't happen.

Failed at FFP so moved on to fortune telling?

Limitless talent.

• Like 1

Ainsley Maitland-Niles, Oxlaide, and Rodrigo next in?

Rodrigo I would really understand that signing, is on massive wages at Leeds, their fans don't rate him all that much, did enough last season goals scoring wise to not go down as a disaster signing, but over the course of his spell there hasn't been great at all, would feel like undoing the good work we did in getting a fee for Ings.

Oxlade I think is a good player when fit but is hardly ever fit, just have to see how it goes.

Maitland-Niles could be a canny Ash Young replacement, can play both fullback positions, wing-back, and in central midfield, could probably also play the hybrid midfielder/winger role that Emery sometimes has McGinn or Ramsey playing.

I wouldn't be over the moon with any of them but lets see how the linked trio do if they do sign .

Edited by useless
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1