Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't think anyone but Jadon really knows for sure what's going on with Jadon -- and maybe not even him. For the right deal, I could imagine him flourishing under Emery in a way that he wouldn't under ETH. He needs someone to walk him from his experience in Germany to the Premier League. He's really very young, to be fair, too. I honestly don't think anyone can say for sure how he would work out at Villa, but he would need to come at a reasonable price. 

He’d also need to cut his wage in half, maybe more. Can’t see it 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’d also need to cut his wage in half, maybe more. Can’t see it 

Yes. Hopefully his agent and he are clever enough to understand that taking a big salary upfront would be harmful -- even financially -- if the ultimate price is a paralysis in his development as an athlete. 

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Yes, awesome! Thanks again! And you do suggest that there are Villatwitter guys who just sit there make shit up, right? Do I have that right? I believe you, but it just amazes me people would find that personally meaningful. Mental. What a bottomfeeder soulless way to live.

A huge number of people on Football Twitter are young teenagers/children. The majority of these fake "ITKs" are without a doubt just attention-seeking kids. Frankly, for their sake, they better be: sadly, there are some who are definitely grown adults.

It's annoying, because once in a while you do just get people who are lucky enough to know a thing or two (like the Leicester fan who knew Tielemans' wife), and once in a blue moon you have people who are actually ITK. I think Everton have a guy on Twitter who knows their stuff.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I don't think anyone but Jadon really knows for sure what's going on with Jadon -- and maybe not even him. For the right deal, I could imagine him flourishing under Emery in a way that he wouldn't under ETH. He needs someone to walk him from his experience in Germany to the Premier League. He's really very young, to be fair, too. I honestly don't think anyone can say for sure how he would work out at Villa, but he would need to come at a reasonable price, and I don't think that will happen. Man United hasn't been a happy home. It's been a pretty screwed up family there in the last two years, and it's not the kind of supportive environment where I think Jadon would have a better chance. And now he's being linked to Tottenham? That seems arguably worse. Chelsea, too. Brighton or Villa would be much wiser moves for him if he wants this mojo back.

I remember the whole summer when the whole saga of Sancho from Dortmund to Manure dominated the news and transfer talk everyday and he was supposedly "the next best thing".

He's hardly set the world alight since his move there though.

I doubt we're in for him or even remotely interested either.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

A huge number of people on Football Twitter are young teenagers/children. The majority of these fake "ITKs" are without a doubt just attention-seeking kids. Frankly, for their sake, they better be: sadly, there are some who are definitely grown adults.

But even if part of what you're saying is correct -- and it sounds plausible to me -- you're talking about people who conjure and retweet lies as easily as breathing.  I don't know what's more worrying ---children doing that or adults.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

I think our board could get a good deal for Sancho, they could agree a paycut as part of the fee (not sure how applicable is this), but I don’t think Man Utd are in a position to negotiate properly and I don’t think there are many buyers as well. 
I think for him and Felix if we want them we’ll probably get a good deal. I guess we’ve done the same with Coutinho in the way we reduced his wages, so he probably settled with Barca with part of the fee.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I remember the whole summer when the whole saga of Sancho from Dortmund to Manure dominated the news and transfer talk everyday and he was supposedly "the next best thing".

Yes, I forgot about all that! You're probably right tho on the speculation. Sancho may be too much of a project, really. Can't see how we have time or the excess funds to mess with that. Emery seems too pragmatic for it, too -- and maybe a bit busy with other things lol.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

But even part of what you're saying is correct -- and it sounds plausible to me -- you're talking about people who conjure and retweet lies as easily as breathing.  I don't know what's more worrying ---children doing that or adults.

I’m on a fantasy football WhatsApp group with some friends, and also friends of friends of friends. And there is one guy on there that just constantly makes up bullshit, I’ve never met him, and frankly I don’t want to as he’s a dick! But when he gets called out in it he just says things like “ah had you all going there” and 🎣 emoji implying it’s all ‘banter’… it’s pathetic to a certain degree,  but I think some people are just wired that way.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Marka Ragnos said:

But even part of what you're saying is correct -- and it sounds plausible to me -- you're talking about people who conjure and retweet lies as easily as breathing.  I don't know what's more worrying ---children doing that or adults.

Politicians in the making! 😃 

Jokes(?) aside, I agree entirely. Some right weird people out there. It's a shame because once you mute the dozens of accounts on Villa Twitter that do nothing but spout/spread lies it's a pretty alright place.

• Haha 1

We want a winger 🧐 we love Spanish players 🤔 we're past masters at swooping in and signing players on free transfers 🚀 British transfer window opens tomorrow 🪟 and athletic reported that we will be looking at other domestic bargains similar to Tielemans 🫡 Adama Traore is unattached and available for free transfer 💥 I can't see it but came to my mind.

Edin Dzeko anyone? I've not seen him in a few years, but used to love watching him play. Can he still do it at this level? He's got Prem experience, he's a different type of striker to what we have and age is but a number according to Emery. Decent goals to mins and fbref stats from what I can see.

• Like 1

I remember a few years back we were linked with a lot of players called Jonathan, I think most of them played for Lille, one of them was Jonathan Bamba, looks like he's going to be available on a free transfer, I know he was well rated at one time, not sure if that's still the case.

Looks like there are actually quite a few decent players going to be available for free transfer, Daichi Kamada another interesting one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

I mean I'd probably take him. I assume how it would work out is we pay him like 150k a week, they pay him like 200k a week for the rest of his current contract period. And then we pay like half that to the transfer fee so it doesn't **** our wage budget. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I mean his numbers are still pretty good. If he played 30 games worth of minutes this year he'd have scored like 10 goals and should ahve got 8 assists. That's pretty impressive in the prem. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

Edin Dzeko anyone? I've not seen him in a few years, but used to love watching him play. Can he still do it at this level? He's got Prem experience, he's a different type of striker to what we have and age is but a number according to Emery. Decent goals to mins and fbref stats from what I can see.

Nope. Be like watching the Titanic turn in the water, slow and slow. Way past his prime.

24 minutes ago, gaz90 said:

He can still do it as a target man.

Adama, Dzeko, and now Sessegnon if Digne leaves, is it 2018🫥

Edit: 'Sessegnon if Digne leaves' that doesnt' look like the worst idea actually as attack minded alternative to Moreno, but I think Sessegnon would want to go somewhere where he's more guaranteed of first team starts, but I think we would go for a young left-back of a similar description in terms of style of play.

Edited by useless