Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don't worry:

At the start of the meeting, Purslow laid out what the mentality of the club would be next season. In short, they were going to be “bold” next season.

Notorious for performing U-turns so I'd be cautious of certain things that come out his mouth.

Reminds me of the time a certain Richard Fitzgerald in the Lerner years that we would be signing "world class players".. we didn't sign one.

I think it would have been more wise (on this occasion - and back then) for us to say nothing and just go about our business quietly instead of telling the world what we are trying to do.

It's so early in the transfer market (that it hasn't begun) that there are transfers out there that are publicly known to be done for months, such as Milner to Brighton, that haven't been officially announced yet. It's so early days that it's probably too early to say that it's early days.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Been mooted for ages mate.

Old news.

And it's still not been officially announced despite being public knowledge for ages. It's that early in the window.

On the other hand, it's been like a week and a half without football and absolutely nothing has happened. Sometimes I miss that 19/20 window.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Fish puns

And, for those with longer memories: Sherwood facials 

I'm kicking myself for forgetting the fish memes!

1 hour ago, Steero113 said:

Yeh, you're right. 

I think it's because this time last year we have Boobs and Diego through the door already. 

Just so excited to see who comes in this summer!

I’m eager and impatient too but not worried at all… King Unai is in control. Just look what he managed to do without either a full season, a preseason, no players of his own/choosing (other than Moreno). 

It’s bloody exciting, we’ve just got to enjoy the ride.

It’s so obvious to me now why we’ve struggled and fell off a cliff basically, after being established as a top 6 PL club for so long…. We’ve appointed too many shit managers (too stuck on British too) and not backed the decent ones. That’s the predominant thing…

That all changes now, let the good times roll!

We’re not cursed or have shit luck. King Unai has vanquished many of those stigmas and will clear out the rest! I mean, he destroyed Man U in his first game 🤣

UTV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Notorious for performing U-turns so I'd be cautious of certain things that come out his mouth.

Reminds me of the time a certain Richard Fitzgerald in the Lerner years that we would be signing "world class players".. we didn't sign one.

I think it would have been more wise (on this occasion - and back then) for us to say nothing and just go about our business quietly instead of telling the world what we are trying to do.

I don’t care about Purslow, he’s just a spokesperson in this case. Never been a huge fan of his (should keep his nose out of football matters, he’s good at the other stuff) and he had little/nothing to do with Unai’s appointment. 

I’m more interested and have more faith in NSWE.

He’s just relaying their intentions…

• Thanks 1