Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Will wait to see if there is any more reliable reports before believing the CB reports. I just can’t see it myself unless a CB is sold. I get Konsa could play as a RB but having Mings/Carlos/New CB I don’t see how Villa can keep them happy even with the extra European games. Carlos was £30 million and no doubt on big wages, Torres/Laporte are gonna be £30 million at least and willcommand big wages and we’ve just given Mings a new contract which reportedly put him amongst the top earners. Just don’t see it. 

Think if Laporte comes in then that means at least 2 of Digne, Konsa, Chambers and Dendonker are on there way out.

He can cover the left side and we pivot to attacking with Cash when he plays ahead of Moreno, otherwise he's in at CB and he'll play ahead of Mings. I don't think either of them require an upgrade and there's no way Laportec doesn't start 90% of matches at least when fit 

A pickup by Misha from Facebook:

" Interesting quote by Mings...maybe he's anticipating competition for his spot...

“I don’t think we can get through the next year, with the amount of games we are going to have, without having a strong squad. I don’t think that is anything to be threatened by. It will push everyone to keep getting better.” "

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

Think if Laporte comes in then that means at least 2 of Digne, Konsa, Chambers and Dendonker are on there way out.

He can cover the left side and we pivot to attacking with Cash when he plays ahead of Moreno, otherwise he's in at CB and he'll play ahead of Mings. I don't think either of them require an upgrade and there's no way Laportec doesn't start 90% of matches at least when fit 

I think Chambers and Dendonker would be most likely.

In the grand scheme of things, that would probably be good trading, re quality upgrades and offsetting new wages.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Osirus said:

Angel Di Maria has left Juve, would he come? 

I don’t think he’s the right signing we shall do, we need to look long and medium range. We need to be careful not to get stuck as we’ve done with Coutinho. Not saying he isn’t good, but for the wages I think we shall look for a younger and more potential targets. 

9 hours ago, sne said:

Media seem to be wanting to sell Christian Pulisic to us. Honestly can't say he ever left any impression, good or bad when I watched him but he's still pretty highly rated right?

Never really been that productive but he's also mostly been a rotation player. Still only 24 and Chelsea need to shed some (a lot of) players.

On a separate note what's happening with Giovanni Reyna? Is he on a move or has his parents made him a harder sell.

He gets injured a lot but if the figures worked for us I would be all for signing him.

A player like that is above us IF he was fit all the time