Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

That's horrendous.

Good news for Leicester though. Imagine paying their wages in the championship! The fees Leicester paid will reflect the length of the contract so, they can’t be that mad about it. 

58 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, turned up versus us and thats it, seen him a few other times and he was poor.

wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

To be fair, he barely even needed to turn up against us as we gifted them all four goals 

Based on twitter rumours it seems as though our first choice targets were Ugarte (£60m?) & Asensio (Free) but obviously that was ambitious and both seem to be going to PSG.

For a similar amount of money we are now heavily linked to Tielemans & Goncalves which from what i’ve seen would be less risky & probably a lot less in terms of wages

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

ye, turned up versus us and thats it, seen him a few other times and he was poor.

wouldnt touch him with a barge pole.

Oh right 😆

I really like the look of Kang-in, so talented…

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

thats a lot of money wiped off the books.

they paid:

• Perez - 30m
  • Tielemans - 40m
  • Mendy - 15m
  • Soyuncu - 20m

So basically 95m there spent on players now out of contract.

£105m?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

21 league goals in 5 seasons

Plays the same position as Douglas Luiz (11 goals in entire Villa career) and John McGinn (15). 

He's not there to score goals. Scoring the odd screamer is nice though. Similar to Doug and John. 

• Like 2

I know that Villa Report is a news aggregator not but I always kind of assumed that it was Gregg Evans that ran the account. Mainly because when one of his own story breaks, Villa Report tweets it almost simultaneously, like it did with this Tielemans one. 

Just wondering what the motivation is for the doing the Villa report account, wouldn’t have thought it was paid but seems a lot of effort particularly during transfer windows.

42 minutes ago, thunderball said:

"Considering".

Wow, and these guys earn a living for this kind of copy.

Of course.

Here we all are, in the transfer thread, regurgitating their rumours and then moaning about it all and how journalists are fake/shit etc.  Rinse and repeat every **** transfer window ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Of course.

Here we all are, in the transfer thread, regurgitating their rumours and then moaning about it all and how journalists are fake/shit etc.  Rinse and repeat every **** transfer window ever.

👍👍👍

20 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Just wondering what the motivation is for the doing the Villa report account, wouldn’t have thought it was paid but seems a lot of effort particularly during transfer windows.

We are grown men, who spend hours of our day on a fan forum passionately arguing and debating about things we have no control over or say in... For free.

And you're wondering what the motivation is? 🤔😂

• Haha 1

Can I just say after going through today's posts.....

Need to chill a bit, like some others have mentioned we need to trust the manager, we don't even know if we are going to be sticking to the same formation going forwards which changes a lot.

I have worries about Tielemans but at the same time we want a bigger squad he is a pretty handy signing as a squad player at least.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are grown men, who spend hours of our day on a fan forum passionately arguing and debating about things we have no control over or say in... For free.

And you're wondering what the motivation is? 🤔😂

😁 I guess. I also have the same thoughts about the Villa Academy account. Who are you? Why do you do it and why are you anonymous?!!

• Haha 2

I am not sure why we are going through the annual “hand wringing” ritual.  I trust Emery 100% to get the right players in.

The one thing I do firmly believe, is that some of them we will complain about, forgetting he has already turned round not just one or two underperforming players, but a whole bloody team! 

I thoroughly look forward to seeing what this summer brings!