Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Forest have released Henderson. If wages aren't astronomical would make a good back-up, could play conference and cup games too.

He was on loan there but from what I've read they're going to try and buy him.

20 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Forest have released Henderson. If wages aren't astronomical would make a good back-up, could play conference and cup games too.

7 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He was on loan there but from what I've read they're going to try and buy him.

Henderson wouldnt go somewhere to be a backup, the reason he wants to leave manure is to get somewhere where he is the no1.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

He'd still be at United if he was ok being a backup and playing cup games to be fair

26 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I wonder with A Young going, whether we bring in an older experienced player. Someone who can have some impact on the playing side of things, but also be that experienced head around the place. 
Is there someone Emery has worked with before coming to the end of their playing career?

Most of our current are well experienced. The good things those who have the biggest potentials are still young. Others could still have couple of good seasons in them.

Randomly linked with a Brazilian striker Pedro

https://www.msn.com/pt-br/esportes/other/mercado-da-bola-pedro-é-barrado-do-flamengo-e-ganha-força-em-um-dos-maiores-clubes-do-futebol-europeu/ar-AA1c1T8L?ocid=mailsignout&cvid=da243e3a3f124f40b0e2e21593dab3ba&ei=21

It is not news to anyone that Pedro is a strong target of European clubs for the mid-year transfer window. Recently, teams such as Aston Villa, West Ham and Sevilla have probed the player's situation and may soon make an onslaught.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

I’m stealing this trend off twitter but I wanted to know who are you guys 'hear me out' signing(s) for this summer. It has to be someone that’s not considered exciting/or hasn’t worked out for a team but you know there’s still a potential good player there. 

I’ve said mine a couple days ago and I think Scamacca could flourish under Emery.

Livramento. Obvious huge question marks over that injury but could be a reaaaallly good signing imo. Can ease him back gradually with the option to rotate with Cash for a season, if necessary.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If this was the thinking, surely we would have just kept Ash?

I think releasing him was to invest in fresh blood.

It doesn’t have to be as old as Young, but I think our players can be a naive at times, sometimes you need the nous and intelligence that Young brought. The arguing with the ref at the right time, the slowing of the clock, the kicking someone on halfway line etc. 

I agree most will be younger signings, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring someone who has been there done that. Especially in Europe, as we have so few who played there before.

6 hours ago, paul514 said:

Well he has a buyback clause with PSG for 10-15m

so he can’t cost that much

He won’t cost psg that much yeah. Look at the prices United paid for the Ajax players. If he has another good season and they sell up he’s going to cost someone a big figure. 

19 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

PSG is all about Middle Eastern money. I'm not surprised that top footballers want to join PSG because I know that there are only a couple of things that are driving them .... Greed, and a very easy qualification for Champions League football every season.

I lived in France back in the 70's, and it's a laid back parochial lifestyle. It's reasonably attractive and the weather is nice if you go a lot further south than Paris, but forget football because it's very ordinary and poorly supported. If Qatar hadn't decided to do a bit of "sport washing" by buying PSG we wouldn't be talking about French football. The big names in football have sold out and settled for playing in a sub standard league for one thing .... MONEY.

If players that we approach would rather play in France (Paris) then I have no interest in them and their lack of ambition.

Just spent some time in Marseille and the only thing that those dudes care about is OM, scooters and fake Balenciaga in that order.

They are football mad.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Randomly linked with a Brazilian striker Pedro

https://www.msn.com/pt-br/esportes/other/mercado-da-bola-pedro-é-barrado-do-flamengo-e-ganha-força-em-um-dos-maiores-clubes-do-futebol-europeu/ar-AA1c1T8L?ocid=mailsignout&cvid=da243e3a3f124f40b0e2e21593dab3ba&ei=21

It is not news to anyone that Pedro is a strong target of European clubs for the mid-year transfer window. Recently, teams such as Aston Villa, West Ham and Sevilla have probed the player's situation and may soon make an onslaught.

Standard YT comp

17 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

Just spent some time in Marseille and the only thing that those dudes care about is OM, scooters and fake Balenciaga in that order.

They are football mad.

I lived in Marseille on a street called Rue Capitain Dessemond over looking the Vieux Port, and you're right about the passion for football as Marseille has the biggest crowd attendance in France with over 60 thousand.  Apart from Lyon and Paris it is one of the largest population centres in France.

The Marseillais are not typically French in outlook (they hate Parisiennes) and are less reserved and 'friendlier' than in other areas. It must be something to do with the sunshine and the hundreds of bars! It wasn't the safest place to live, but it was definitely vibrant and energising if you looked past how dirty and scruffy it was in many areas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He won’t cost psg that much yeah. Look at the prices United paid for the Ajax players. If he has another good season and they sell up he’s going to cost someone a big figure. 

The point I am making is if they are signing Asensio it’s going to be hard to persuade simons to sign for them as well if he has ambitions to play a lot of games…

I know full well he is worth far more than that release clause to PSG and therefore I think financially a deal can be done.