Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Rustibrooks said:

This suggestion may get shot down but screw it, how about Scamacca? I know he has been poor for West Ham but I was watching a podcast that Antonio was on (Filthy Fellas) and he made a point. Moyes didn’t know how to use him(same with Haller) and I’m thinking if we needed a back up striker he might be a decent option. One of the problems though is West Ham would want to recoup as much money as possible for him.

I'm sure Moyes was thrilled about a player in the squad saying he couldn't manage someone properly :lol:

• Haha 2

Just now, Tomaszk said:

I'm sure Moyes was thrilled about a player in the squad saying he couldn't manage someone properly :lol:

😂 Tbf Antonio isn’t totally wrong though, but it’ll be interesting how this plays out for him after saying that. He probably knows he won’t get kept on.

2 hours ago, supermon said:

Linked with Tielemans on a free apparently. Isn't he very injury prone

Linked with the whole world atm… I’ll probably be linked by friday along with yourself 😂 

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

Tielemans would have been a great signing 2 years ago.

Now he scores 3 incredible goals a season and...?

To be fair Tielemans has wanted out for three seasons but they put such a high price tag on him he's been priced out of a move s hasn't bothered to turn up. Man Utd wanted him badly under Ole but the price tag scared them off. Seriously Jack area so his agent told them he'd hang on til a free. Then Ten Hag came in and they looked elsewhere so he's in limbo. I suspect he'll turn into prime Xavi on a move.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Victor Roque, Asensio, Bamba, Torres, x2, David, Nunes or Ugarte, would be the type of quality that gets us closer to top 4. 

Edited by thabucks

13 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Victor Roque, Asensio, Bamba, Torres, x2, David, Nunes or Ugarte, would be the type of quality that gets us closer to top 4. 

The squad i posted not long ago under emery gets us breaking into the top 4

Steer, Young, Hause, Chambers, Digne, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, one of Bailey or Buendia, possibly Coutinho, Davis, and Wesley departures will see a teams' worth of players leaving.

The names that will replace them we don't know yet, some may have been linked, others maybe not and will be a surprise.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Steer, Young, Hause, Chambers, Digne, Nakamba, Sanson, Traore, one of Bailey or Buendia, possibly Coutinho, Davis, and Wesley departures will see a teams' worth of players leaving.

The names that will replace them we don't know yet, some may have been linked, others maybe not and will be a surprise.

I’d agree on all of them going bar Bailey and Buendia as I think they’ll be part of the squad next year. I’d chuck Dendonker in there too but perhaps keep him and Digne around for the extra games we’re going to have to play  

I’d like us to go for Jonathan David (ST), Marco Asensio, (RW/SS), Xavi Simons or Pedro Goncalves (AML), Arda Guler (AMR), Orkun Kokcu (CM), Manuel Ugarte or Lesley Ugochukwu (DM), Jurrien Timber or Lutsharel Geertruida (RB/CB), Inacio (CBL - assuming we’re going with Mings & Carlos starting), 2nd GK loan or on a free (David Soria)

Get these (or equivalent quality) in and I think we’d have a damn good go at the top 4 and Europe too.

We’d have a squad of…

ST: Watkins, David, Archer, Duran*

RW/SS: Asensio, Buendia, Bailey

AML: Simons*/Goncalves, JJ, AJ*

AMR: McGinn, Guler*

CM: Luiz, Kokcu, Iroegbunam*

DM: Kamara, Ugarte/Ugochukwu*, Donk

LWB: Moreno, Digne

CBL: Mings, Inacio

CBR: Carlos, Konsa

RB/CB: Timber/Geertruida, Cash, KKH*

GK: Martinez, Soria, Sinisalo

Estimated outlay of £195m - £255m before sales

5 hours ago, supermon said:

Linked with Tielemans on a free apparently. Isn't he very injury prone

Please no...  Not injury prone, apathetic.  Got his bag, now doesn't care about winning anymore.  Goes missing like a ghost most games.  

• Like 2

I still reckon Emery is going to get frustrated with the window if players do indeed turn us down and go elsewhere - which is what I think will happen with Asensio. Long way to go of course, but it does seem like we had this in January, and depending on what happens with Asensio, we will have it again this summer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I still reckon Emery is going to get frustrated with the window if players do indeed turn us down and go elsewhere - which is what I think will happen with Asensio. Long way to go of course, but it does seem like we had this in January, and depending on what happens with Asensio, we will have it again this summer. 

I'm sure we'll have decent backups in mind but I understand your reasoning. It's likely we will face this situation again and again. I guess this was part of the reasoning for bringing in Alemany as he'd have been more used to competing against these kinds of names for players. 

27 minutes ago, Tayls said:

its my fear too.

36 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If you believe the Spanish press we triggered various release clauses but weren’t in a position to do deals. Newcastle signed big names in the relegation places. Unai is pragmatic. The money we have is still a big pull. Heck, we signed Bouba with Stevie in charge. 

9 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I wouldn’t say the aim of this summer is to get into the top 4. It is probably to repeat what happened this year 60 points plus and European football of some sort 

No it definitely will be top four … some of us don’t realise how ambitious we are and how ambitious our targets will be , huge club, money and world class manager… we will be looking to break in… i have confidence and belief this can happen, buckle up guys your in for a treat 😉 Emery WILL be looking at champions league places and planning on exactly how to achieve that

• Like 1