Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Id take Richarldson off spurs if cheaper than they bought him for.  Don’t know why Spurs never played him but he would suit Emery’s system.  Complete work horse to.  Gave 150% every game for a shit everton team

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Will Torres be happy fighting it out with Carlos to be 3rd choice centre back

Don't think it will be the case as I think he could quickly become the first outfield player on the team sheet, but irrespective of this if we are wanting to compete all season at a high level in the League and also do justice to Europe, plus I think Emery will target the cups as well - we are going to need 4 very decent CBs in rotation and also as cover. I think it's essential.

We will be playing with a full squad next season, we may have a strongest 11 but I think every match will be using all 5 subs and each set up differently too, we are going to need a big squad to stop burn out.

2 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

Wonder if Emery could turn Pulisic into a regular PL starter. There’s still potential there for sure.

I think the question should be . I wonder if a physio could keep Pulisic injury free to become a regular PL starter his ability isn’t in question.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

We should never sign a player based on sentiment, quotas or marketing value alone. Even Messi. We should only sign players who fill a positional need, improve the team, align with long tYerm strategy, and whose fee and wages are agreeable. If we can find an American player who checks those boxes, I'll be all for it.

You don't think Tottenham sees an asian market advantage to Son ?   Of course marketing and fanbase considerations should come to bear !  Not the only factor or course.  But It as after all a business, with the intent of making a profit.   winning does that, but so does marketing and merchandise sales and market share.

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

£156.8m for being slightly above average in the league.

**** football :D 

Isn't that just the TV money mostly? The difference between the league positions isn't that much in the grand scheme of things. It's that the TV money is already gargantuan to begin with.

27 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I think the question should be . I wonder if a physio could keep Pulisic injury free to become a regular PL starter his ability isn’t in question.

Not sure about that. Chelsea fans weren’t booing him at the weekend because he is unlucky with injuries. He has all the potential but someone needs to teach him to play the game - runs in too many straight lines and easily shackled as a result by a solid defence.

46 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

image.gif.6719e8c0fade7da9fe5dbd21c1c918fc.gif

100% this.  A more sulky player, you will not meet.  If he spent more time on his feet instead of feigning injury, I'd have more respect for him.  Not what we are looking for at all. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What about?

Marca simply says: 

"Emery wants Marco Asensio at Aston Villa.

The technician has called the Spaniard to be part of the project. He is thinking about it."

They also report they've offered Ceballos a contract extension but with Bellingham coming in he knows he'll have less chance to play, so he hasn't made a decision yet.

8 minutes ago, Wes said:

Really think this one is a goer. Surely if he wants to be a talismanic second striker (which not many clubs nowadays can offer) we're a significantly better option than PSG, where he'll probably sooner or later run into the same issues that's making him leave Madrid?

Genuinely don't know how Richarlison made it to Spurs: he is not remotely near Spurs level, and wouldn't be near ours either. Didn't particularly rate him at Everton, fwiw.

I'd like to thank him for helping us get to Europe, however: his terrible performances this season were of great benefit to Villa.

• Like 3