Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

How soon after the city game last year did we announce Kamara? I feel like it was almost the next day?

Edit: Just looked it up. It was the next day!

Edited by Tomaszk

3 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How soon after the city game last year did we announce Kamara? I feel like it was almost the next day?

Edit: Just looked it up. It was the next day!

Remember though that La Liga and Ligue Un season doesn't finish until next weekend, so wont hear about any confirmed signings from teams in those leagues until at least the following week.

Edited by Wes
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Villarocker said:

We all (no offence to you) think we know what we should and shouldn't do for each situation/outcome but, if we signed nobody between now and the start of the season and Unai presented a polished turd as our new start centre forward for the next season I'd still be expecting 15+ goals from it next season. 

We have Archer who is more than capable, I don’t think we need a striker as a priority. 

however good Unai is West Ham didn’t really add much to their squad and their schedule clearly impacted their season, positively in the cup but negatively in the league. 

polished turd or not, if we want a decent cup run across all three cups we need more players, not least the increased probability of injuries. 

• Like 1

So, who might you look at from relegated teams?

Saints; Ward-Prowse obviously... err... Walker-Peters perhaps?

Leeds; Harrison? Gnonto. Maybe Meslier?

Leicester; Maddison, Barnes, Tielemans... James Justin?

Slim pickings from that lot... have to just settle on Messi...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

Just barnes 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

None of those are much better than what we have 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

1.6 goals per game under Emery is 17.6 goals in the 11 games under Gerrard. We only scored 7. 

It’s a fair point, however we can never know what would have happened and we probably be playing another dozen games next year so not only do we need to add for the league we need it for the cups too.

Thinking the RW position might be the position that most needs upgrading - but I'm struggling to thinking of a realistic upgrade that will come. 

Maybe poaching Villareal's players by taking advantage of Emery's relationship to the players?

Edited by hong0311
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hong0311 said:

Thinking the RW position might be the position that most needs upgrading - but I'm struggling to thinking of a realistic upgrade that will come. 

Maybe poaching Villareal's players by taking advantage of Emery's relationship to the players?

Absolutely loads of players that could improve us there.

Simons for example 

It would cost A LOT…but Mitoma would score shed loads in this system. The previous links were likely dubious but we should be willing to break our transfer record for him.

That said, i think we may break our record at least a couple times this window. 

17 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

It would cost A LOT…but Mitoma would score shed loads in this system. The previous links were likely dubious but we should be willing to break our transfer record for him.

That said, i think we may break our record at least a couple times this window. 

Why do we have scouts? Just get rid altogether and use other team's scouts at cost of 50m for player they signed for 2.7m

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why do we have scouts? Just get rid altogether and use other team's scouts at cost of 50m for player they signed for 2.7m

Yeah but if they’ve had an amazing half season we can be sure they’ll have an amazing five years for us :)

6 hours ago, burchy said:

A Pedro Goncalves or Xavi Simons should fix that right up.  That and Asensio at RW/SS. Not much to ask is it. 

Goncalves would be an amazing addition, won’t happen  unfortunately 

5 hours ago, jackbauer24 said:

Barnes, Gnonto, Tielemans and maaaaybe Ward-Prowse