Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Never been a fan of Martial, just never had the right attitude of wanting it and that has been under a number of managers.  Starting base for any recruitment has to be the right attitude.

I think that’s key as well under Emery. I think it’s been discussed in one of the other threads, the players need to “buy in” to Emery’s system 100%. It’s why Emery seems to get the best out of players who’ve failed elsewhere.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Getting linked with Lukaku on loan as well…all crazy links now

Lukaku is a monstrous player - he's got everything, really. I'd be delighted to sign him. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I'm not sure about it because I don't think CB is near a priority - we've got 3 good ones and plenty of backup in case the shit hits the fan (Chambers, Dendoncker, Kamara etc.) 

The money really needs to be spent in attack. 

A Mings injury and it’s an untested since returning back from injury Carlos and konsa with chambers back up. We could do with another with chambers moving on 

• Like 1

Not advocating we sign martial but if available on loan with an option not obligation it does make a bit of sense IMO IF  Emery wanted him. He’s a class player on his day, which are few and and far between recently admittedly, but signing someone like him on loan for next season as we build under Emery means next summer we may be in a better position to buy a truly elite level proven forward…

Just a small note to say that both La Liga and Ligue 1 have their final weekend of the season a week after the Premier League finishes.

We've been linked to players from both. It's unlikely we hear any signings confirmed from either league, especially pending free agents like Moussa Dembélé, until after the 4th June.

39 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not advocating we sign martial but if available on loan with an option not obligation it does make a bit of sense IMO IF  Emery wanted him. He’s a class player on his day, which are few and and far between recently admittedly, but signing someone like him on loan for next season as we build under Emery means next summer we may be in a better position to buy a truly elite level proven forward…

I would agree if he wasn't such a sick note.  Seems to pick up an injury every other game these days, his body just can't hack it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuine question, could two left footed centre halves play together? 

Yeah definitely. This was never discussed anywhere, ever until about 7/8 years ago.

It's helpful for more limited players yes. If a ball playing CB we sign can't adjust to the other side I'd be wondering if he was much good.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Genuine question, could two left footed centre halves play together? 

They'd kick lumps out of each other.🤣

sorry, I''ll get my coat.

I think we're going to see our name thrown about a fair bit this window to try and get moves or new deals for players.  I'd be surprised if we were actually in for either Martial or Lukaku.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

I'm not sure about it because I don't think CB is near a priority - we've got 3 good ones and plenty of backup in case the shit hits the fan (Chambers, Dendoncker, Kamara etc.) 

The money really needs to be spent in attack. 

Just because we are linked with/sign a CB first, it doesn't mean money won't be spent on attack. Emery has said many times that attackers are a priority. It will happen, but not necessarily first. Signings don't happen in order of priority need and as the club said post Alemany, we have money to spend.

• Like 1

Lukaku is on £350k/w. No idea about Martial but i imagine he'f be our highest earner too.

Would want a huge discount for it to be interesting 

I can confidently predict we'll be strongly linked with the same in vogue players for weeks on end that we won't sign (and probably were never in for) and our actual signings will be seemingly announced out of the blue and be players we've never been linked to.

YARN | Same as it ever was... | Talking Heads - "Once In A Lifetime" |  Video clips by quotes | 63b638f8 | 紗

• Like 3

We have the same goals scored as Leicester in 19th place( 49).....so I think it stands out where our priorities will be.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

I think the forward might be a bit of a curve ball. Was looking at some ‘out there’ options. 

Obviously you’ve got the freebies like Thuram and Dembele that we might be in for but others of interest include the below. 

Mehdi Taremi (30), 21 & 7, Habib Diallo (27), 20 & 1, Lacazette (31), 26 & 5, Tasso Douvikas (23), 18 & 4. 

We’ve also been linked the Openda (23, 19 & 3) and Jonathan David (23, 22 & 4)

There are players out there that don’t need to cost the earth that could do a decent job for us next year (David might cost upwards of £50m mind)

I think Openda would be a class signing. 

Edited by burchy

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

We have the same goals scored as Leicester in 19th place.....so I think it stands out where our priorities will be.

While I agree we need more attacking options, since Emery has came in, we're the 8th highest scorers in the league, way ahead of Leicester.

• Like 1