Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

This idea that Harvey Barnes only plays well against us is a myth that people are just lazily repeating because they've seen others saying it, there's no truth to it whatsoever, he has 32 goals and 25 assists in 9604 minutes of Premier League football, that's 57 goals and assists combined in 107 games worth of football, so better than a direct goal contribution, all that very good return hasn't come against us.

I'm not saying we should buy him and don't think that there's any chance that we will hasn't doesn't seem the profile of player that we will be going for with Emery and Alemany conducting business, just that he's better than people giving him credit for, put him in our team and would outscore everyone but Watkins

If he was to leave Leicester it wouldn't surprise me at all if he was to end up at a top six club or Newcastle.

58 minutes ago, tinker said:

I would imagine Emery has a list of players he wants that he's already identified, there's a strong chance that most of them are not premier league players, Moreno is a good indicator on the sort of signings he will bring in. Personally I think we need a RB and another central midfielder to play alongside Kamara, we have midfielders who are very similar to each other and this needs to change.

We may see some first team players leaving as well, in order to accommodate a change in character in the team, we need more aggression. 

Bingo..

• Like 1

Guest av1
4 hours ago, ZL- said:

Highlight reel caveats etc but has recently developed focusing on his in the box finishing and poaching whilst doing a lot of good work on either wing and a bit deeper. Perfect foil playing off Watkins knock downs, similar to how we see Alvarez with Haaland recently or even how Goncalves plays at Sporting.

Obviously a 4min video doesn’t tell the whole story, but everything good he did in that video seemed to come from him playing on the left. 

Is there a spot for that sort of player in our setup? Emery seems to like the width coming from the fullback on that side. 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Obviously a 4min video doesn’t tell the whole story, but everything good he did in that video seemed to come from him playing on the left. 

Is there a spot for that sort of player in our setup? Emery seems to like the width coming from the fullback on that side. 

Yeah it's definitely true - the video was just since he joined Barca who have played him on that side but he's played across the whole front 3.

image.png.f4abe702fd9dd5d14e612818b84b138c.png

As you can see he's more than capable of holding that right-wing width for us. He is right footed so goal output maybe better from left but is pretty adept with both feet.

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

How does this table and stat read from when Emery got in the door?

Fair point, don’t know…guessing still not average because the number is still low and he must be over two thirds of the games by now.

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just seeing this again, we have to improve our attack in the summer.  It’s just so glaring an issue for us…

IMG_1599.jpeg

The non strikers don’t contribute enough in way of goals.

in our system Ramsey Buendia McGinn need to get scoring. Centre backs should get a handful too

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

Just seeing this again, we have to improve our attack in the summer.  It’s just so glaring an issue for us…

IMG_1599.jpeg

Not sure if the numbers back me up, but it seems to me that Emery's system is not geared to score a ton of goals. It's more to create a few big changes, capitalize on them and shut shop.

3 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Not sure if the numbers back me up, but it seems to me that Emery's system is not geared to score a ton of goals. It's more to create a few big changes, capitalize on them and shut shop.

11 of those games were under Gerrard and we scored 7 goals, so the numbers aren't really telling the whole story, no. 

35 of our 46 goals this season have come since Emery was appointed, and 4 of them came when Danks was manager, we only scored 7 in Gerrard's 11 games.

All Emery's teams that he's managed have been amongst the highest scorers in their league, so low scoring isn't something he has a reputation for, or if he does he shouldn't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, useless said:

35 of our 46 goals this season have come since Emery was appointed, and 4 of them came when Danks was manager, we only scored 7 in Gerrard's 11 games.

All Emery's teams that he's managed have been amongst the highest scorers in their league, so low scoring isn't something he has a reputation for, or if he does he shouldn't.

Good to know and glad my perception is off.  

4 hours ago, nick76 said:

IMG_1599.jpeg

Fulham can't upgrade on Mitrovic, Brentford can't upgrade on Toney, Man Utd need a new forward but also Rashford has been amazing this season, as has Watkins for us. 

Think this proves the opposite for me, we're defensively sound but we need more goals from midfield. I never believe anyone other than Ramsey or a random player from a set piece will come up with a goal.

Luiz has one goal?

Has Kamara scored at all?

McGinn one goal?

Can't remember Buendia scoring other than that flick on header.

Emery is actively telling (half jokingly it seems) that he'll drop defenders if they don't start scoring more from set plays. 

Moreno is one of our main outlets since January I don't think he's scored either?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1