Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

4 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

I'm torn whether we will go for a CB or not.

Mings and Konsa don't deserve to be dropped, and should one be pushed down the pecking order, I'd assume Carlos is the guy to do so.

Chambers is the one that can be moved on and replaced as his utility man status is hopefully taken away from him. 

If we sign Pau Torres, that would be a huge coup, I'd assume he replaces Konsa in the XI and Mings/Carlos battle it out for the other position. Can we keep Konsa, Mings and Carlos happy battling it for one position?

Suppose it depends on Carlos' health, an ACL is a big injury to be the same player afterwards. 

Pau Torres is left footed, he would replace Mings. Carlos prefers the left also.

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Pau Torres is left footed, he would replace Mings. Carlos prefers the left also.

I mean mings was at fault on saturday... im open to more competition for places

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Does he? Or was he just playing there because Kounde preferred the right?  Carlos is right footed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He is not benefiting under a good manager. Imagine what emery could do with him? I think he could be brilliant for us. 

Bailey, says Hi.

Not Questioning Emery, but some are beyond help.....They have to do it themselves.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Nah, Ramsey was supposed to be marking Toti, and completely lost him. Mings can't win the header on every set piece, he is only human.

I rate Torres highly, but our high line needs a quick defenders. Mings is our quickest. His ability to get back and recover is superior to Konsa. 

For me Konsa can be improved on. He isn't particularly impressive at winning headers, he isn't a good ball player, and while he isn't slow, but he isn't particularly quick either. Also Chambers is not a centre back I have confidence in. I prefer him as a midfield sitter or a RB. So for me that right CB position makes more sense to improve upon, or at least at quality competition.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Does he? Or was he just playing there because Kounde preferred the right?  Carlos is right footed.

So I certainly don't think he has a problem playing off the right. But he's made that left side CB position his own. That's where he was playing when built his current reputation. 

I see him as the ideal 3rd quality CB as he can play both LCB and RCB. The 4th CB should either be a talented highly rated young player, or an experienced reliable pro, who can defend well, but lacks ball playing qualities. For me this should be Konsa. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I've gone back and watched the goal to see if I'm mis remembering, I'm not.

The ball was perfect, Mings jumped as late as he possibly could've and just couldn't get to it. Ramsey was marking the player who scored, Mings was zonal (as somebody mentioned in the Mings thread). Unlike the commenter in the Mings thread, I don't think his positioning was bad nor did he jump early. Beaten by a good ball.

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

One header isn’t exactly something to replace someone over when there is vast improvements that can be made elsewhere.

I made a position priority list a page or two back…..

it goes out the window if you can get supposedly star players in because the opportunity is there.

if Vlahovic and Pau Torres were actually wanting to come here for 50 and 30 million euros you just buy them

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I've heard Walker and Phillips possibly incoming. 

Phillips would be a pretty terrible signing at this point. Dude seems broken.

Walker would probably ideal for us with the way we play though but I don't really a lot of his off-field "antics"

Can't see us signing either tbh. 

Guest av1
10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I know he gets some pelters for his decision to go to City, but Phillips is a good player. 

I hope we don’t sign him however simply because his injury record is horrific. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Phillips would be a pretty terrible signing at this point. Dude seems broken.

Walker would probably ideal for us with the way we play though but I don't really a lot of his off-field "antics"

Can't see us signing either tbh. 

We'll see, and personally I hope neither but the source isn't a internet nobody. That being said who knows at this point because it's too early to see how things will pan out. And I agree, Phillips is the new sicknote so it would be a no from me. Walker.... way better than Cash but meh. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know he gets some pelters for his decision to go to City, but Phillips is a good player. 

Same... You'll never get a full season out of him though. Imagine Kamara gets a few more knocks and you've him and Phillips continually in the med bay. What a waste. 

Guest av1

The Walker one seems strange aswell, his main strengths are attacking which seems to be the polar opposite of what Emery wants from his RB

10 minutes ago, av1 said:

He really isn't. Dendoncker is a better player than Phillips at Premier League level

• Like 1

Guest av1
1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He really isn't. Dendoncker is a better player than Phillips at Premier League level

We will have to agree to disagree on that then mate. 

At least we both agree we don’t want him, just for different reasons 🤣

37 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

They don't strike me as Emery type players. Walker, maybe if he's available for a decent price. Phillips? nah, I can't see it.
I think we'll be shopping in South America and Spain / France in the summer.